Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Stack Overflow Error line no 1132 In IE8

meet2teju

Total Posts:  14

Hi, I have use Magento 1.6.2.0.
In IE8 have the Out of stack space prototype.js, line 1132 character 5 ? Error will be Genrate
Any Idea ?
Plz Help Me ....
Thnks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sorind

Total Posts:  7

Hello,

Have you managed to solve this?
I’m having the same problem…

Thank you in advance,
Sorin.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Philorkill

Total Posts:  3

Well, I have a similar error in the backend. So far no solution either...But I have to mention, IE8 has the smallest Js Stack space of all Browsers and Magento has a quite extensive use of JS in the backend. I\’ve disabled a JS library and the error vanished, but it is no solution:

I did this to disable a certain JS in admin/catalog_product/edit. Add this code to your catalog.xml in app/design/adminhtml/default/YOURTHEME/layout:

<adminhtml_catalog_product_edit>
        <!--  
remove ext-tree js in catalog product edit -->
        <
reference name=\"head\"
            <
action method=\"removeItem\"><type>js</type><name>extjs/ext-tree.js</name></action>
        </
reference>

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community