Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

1.7 WYSIWYG Not working & CMS error in backend on fresh install

digitaldoll

Total Posts:  4

I just upgraded to 1.7 from 1.6.2 and upon editing & saving a cms page like the Home or Privacy Policy page, I am getting this popup error:

error: error in [unknown object].fireEvent():
event name: formSubmit
error message: Cannot read property ‘body’ of undefined

I thought it was because I upgraded and maybe something was missing. So I deleted my entire install and database then uploaded a fresh installation of 1.7. The error is still happening upon saving. It proceeds to save the changes but what is the error for & how do I fix? Also nothing happens when I click Show/Hide editor. Im not getting a WYSIWYG.

Oh & are the backend button images supposed repeat 3 times? Like a new 1.7 look? Because it wasn’t like that in 1.6.2 with 3 arrows, 3 x’s, & 3 check marks instead of just 1 on the Back, Delete Page & Save Page buttons.

I appreciate any help!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

siemed

Total Posts:  12

Hi,

I have the same issue with the three arrows after upgrading.

I did an upgrade from 1.5.1.0 to 1.7.

I do not have problems with saving pages in CMS.

Image Attachments
three.PNGthree.PNG

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitaldoll

I just noticed that none of this is happening to me in Firefox, but in Chrome. I dont have the backend error upon saving the CMS pages nor are my button images repeating 3 times. My WYSIWYG is also working. Idk if that will help someone to figure out the problem but want to provide as many details as possible.. Is there anyone that can help?!

Magento Community
Magento Community

digitaldoll

Nevermind! After I realized I wasnt having this problem on any other browser I decided to clear my browser’s cache(Chrome) and that worked perfectly! No repeat buttons, got my WYSIWYG back and no error upon saving.

Slemed you should give it a try.. Hope it helps ;P

Magento Community
Magento Community

buzonyx

Total Posts:  1

Same here about the three icons in the buttons in firefox, clearing the chached web content also fixes this problem:
Tools->Options->Advanced->Network->\"clear now\”

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community