Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Layout XML not being updated

carsal

Total Posts:  52
Medellin, Colombia

Hi,
I need to debug a problem I am having after upgrading to ver. 1.18. In my product view.phtml page, I have included the reveiw/list.phtml by updating catalog.xml and including the block type review/list.
In my development site, the reviews are showing OK, but in the production site, the XML doesn’t seem to be updated, as the review block is empty. If I go directly to the detailed review page, I can see the reviews, but not in my product page.
I have checked file permissions and copied all templates and layouts from the development site, but still no luck.

Is there a way to debug the problem, as I am out of ideas what can be wrong? Seems to me it somehow is related to a database problem.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PandaWebStudio

Total Posts:  40
Amsterdam, Netherlands

Try to clear the cache.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community