Magento Forum

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a…

moleygunn

Total Posts:  73

After upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.7.0 I’m getting this error, but I suspect the upgrade is stuck between 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 because of an error I saw along the way.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php on line 455

Does anyone have any insight, or a solution?

As usual, upgrading has been a complete nightmare. I’ve learned over the years to not upgrade production sites, but it always blows me away how many things go wrong no matter how well I prepare. I continue to be astounded that there is still no official upgrade route, and nearly every blog I read has a different technique.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the challenge this one has me completely stumped after spending about 8 hours troubleshooting various problems today. The error above is proving insurmountable so far, so I’m asking you kind Magentoers. Can anyone help?

I have a funny feeling that an extension I installed a while back for deleting orders has f*cked up the key contraints and corrupted part of the database. I’ve had this particular site for about three years so it’s been thorough about 4 or 5 upgrades. Is there any way for me to check or repair the database? I can duplicate it with SSH and phpMyAdmin, but when I try to Create a Backup in the Admin are’s Backups section I get a 500 Internal Server error after 10 mins, and it creates two 15MB backups rather than one big one.

Also, when I try to reindex from SSH I get an error saying it’s tried to allocate XXXXXXX bytes and has run out of memory. I’ve tried upping the amount of memory in .htaccess and php.ini but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any suggestions are welcome!

MG

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

magentoinchina

Total Posts:  32

moleygunn - 25 April 2012 01:31 PM

After upgrading from 1.5.2 to 1.7.0 I’m getting this error, but I suspect the upgrade is stuck between 1.6.0 and 1.7.0 because of an error I saw along the way.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php on line 455

Does anyone have any insight, or a solution?

As usual, upgrading has been a complete nightmare. I’ve learned over the years to not upgrade production sites, but it always blows me away how many things go wrong no matter how well I prepare. I continue to be astounded that there is still no official upgrade route, and nearly every blog I read has a different technique.

Anyway, as much as I enjoy the challenge this one has me completely stumped after spending about 8 hours troubleshooting various problems today. The error above is proving insurmountable so far, so I’m asking you kind Magentoers. Can anyone help?

I have a funny feeling that an extension I installed a while back for deleting orders has f*cked up the key contraints and corrupted part of the database. I’ve had this particular site for about three years so it’s been thorough about 4 or 5 upgrades. Is there any way for me to check or repair the database? I can duplicate it with SSH and phpMyAdmin, but when I try to Create a Backup in the Admin are’s Backups section I get a 500 Internal Server error after 10 mins, and it creates two 15MB backups rather than one big one.

Also, when I try to reindex from SSH I get an error saying it’s tried to allocate XXXXXXX bytes and has run out of memory. I’ve tried upping the amount of memory in .htaccess and php.ini but it doesn’t seem to do anything. Any suggestions are welcome!

MG

i think you installed aitoc extension.try to update it

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

> Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in /app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php on line 455

Check the /etc/local.xml file.

Looks like it is renamed or damaged.

Magento Community
Magento Community

killerbunnies42

Total Posts:  1

I am having a similar problem where after changing local.xml to remove a table prefix to match the tables on the database.  This changed the error from mismatched tables that we were getting before to
“SQLSTATE[HY000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘user’@’localhost’

Every post referencing access denied I can find says to check the database connection string for user and password but I’m positive these are entered correctly as the application can successfully query the database prior to the prefix change. 

It was recommended that we deleted the files in the /var/cache folder, and it is now empty.  But no change was visible. 

Another post I read indicated that this might be caused by duplicate local.xml files.  We disabled the local.xml that we were able to find and now instead of a Magento generated report error message I get this PHP error on the page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getAllOptions() on a non-object in /home/nailedit/public_html/magento/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Cache.php on line 478

which of course seems to indicate there is no valid local.xml file.
Ultimately what is this access denied error coming from.  Should something be changed in local.xml?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community