Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

how to override cataloginventory module

ygelb

Total Posts:  1

I am trying to override the checkQuoteItemQty method in cateloginvetory/item. I want to send more detailed errors.
I tried copying the file to my local while keeping the same structur local/mage/cateloginvetory/model/item.php that didn’t work.
I the tried creating a new directory in local mycompany/cataloginventory/model/item.php. I enabled the new module and created a config.xml to rewrite model. But that also didnt work.
Attached are the xml files.
What am I doing wrong?

File Attachments
config.xml  (File Size: 1KB - Downloads: 84)

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

woody_cz

Total Posts:  2

Try to put your classfile Item.php into Model/Stock dir not just Model. I solved similar issue and it helped me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Tylerzhang

Total Posts:  3

Any body is here?

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpelton

Total Posts:  5

Make sure you spell everything properly.  It’s spelled “inventory” not “invetory”.  If it’s misspelled Magento won’t pick it up properly.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community