Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Changing place order button based on payment method

David Smart

Total Posts:  23

Hi,

I’m looking to be able to change the text of the place order button on the review stage of checkout dependent on the payment method chosen

I can do it by using

$paymentMethodUsed Mage::getSingleton('checkout/session')->getQuote()->getPayment()->getMethodInstance()->getCode();
if (
$paymentMethodUsed == 'xxxx'{
echo "Place & Pay For Your Order";
else {
echo "Place & Your Order";
}

Which is fine, but if the customer then goes back and chooses a different payment method, this is not picked up, i.e. $paymentMethosUsed always equals the first method uses. I suspect this is actually because one the review page has loaded it\\\’s not reloaded.

I assume that this info must be available via javascript, that way I can just change the button text that way, but I have no idea where to start in getting this variable in javascript.

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community