Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Magento 1.6.2 to 1.7 upgrade

FuelClothing

Total Posts:  2

Quick n00b question.. Why should i upgrade to the new version from 1.6.2? I am having issues with fedex and my catagories. Will this solve these problems? It seems like more of a headache then its worth. Im just curious.
thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Berich007

Total Posts:  12

Hello amro81,

Actually there is one simple and fast method to upgarde Magento. Cart2Cart offers migration from your current Magento version to one you need. The service is paid, so I would rather recommend you to use their estimator first since all pricing depends on how much products, orders and customers you are going to move. Actually I liked this service because my store was up and running during the migration, so I didn’t lost any sellings during the migration.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TRMMarketing

Total Posts:  145

An easy and simple Magento upgrading guide can be found at Easy Magento Upgrade Method

No need to purchase anything. Just follow the steps and remember to back up both your database and server files before starting any kind of server maintenance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

kirastolf

Total Posts:  4

It is not so difficult as it seems to be.
For those one who are searching easy and quick way of upgrading to Magento 1.7, I can suggest to use Cart2Cart service. Thus - you will not have any problems with it.  You pay - they upgrade your store data. 

If you have enough technical skills to do the work by yourself, then start from creating a backup of your store database before proceeding.
Do not perform upgrading on a live store.

Change to your Magento installation directory:
cd /home/username/public_html
Download Magento 1.7.0.0 from MagentoCommerce.com:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/downloads/assets/1.7.0.0/magento-1.7.0.0.tar.gz
Extract the archive:
tar -zxvf magento-1.7.0.0.tar.gz
Change to the directory created during extraction:
cd magento
Turn off file replacement prompts:
unalias cp
Copy the Magento 1.7.0.0 files over your existing files:
cp -rf * /home/username/public_html
Change back to your Magento installation directory:
cd ../
Remove the empty folder
rm -rf magento
Optional: CHMOD all PHP files to 644:
find -type f -name ‘*.php’ -exec chmod 644 {} \;
Optional: CHMOD all folders to 755:
find -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \;

Take care about your Magento

Magento Community
Magento Community

Salma1991

Total Posts:  2

Bonjour smile
svp est ce qu’il existe une interface gratuite pour lier magento et sage ou bien un script qui permet de connecter les deux outils
merci d’avance

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2