Total Posts: 1
At times, It is needed that magento search acts smartly. Clients often need some products to be shown up, on the sites’s search page, even when the search term do not match the product name, or description(Synonyms). These can be added using search terms functionality provided by magento: Admin -> Catalog-> Search terms. But this does not provide us to add desired products to the search page.
Solution i found here was:
1) Create a New attribute for containing search terms. ex: search_keys
2) Create it as a TEXTAREA attribute for any type of product.
3) Keep “Use in quick search” as yes.
5) Assign it to the default attribute set.
4) For all required products, input all desired keywords, comma separated, in the new attributes textarea.
5) Reindex the catalog search.
For other details about attribute creation see attached screen shot.