Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 error after changing entries related to “managing stores” in the admin

cdcaveman

Total Posts:  18

i\’m not sure what the database tables looked like before..  all i know is i can\’t access the site at all now.. it just shows a 404 error..  i was trying to add a new storeview in the manage stores second of the admin when this happen.. i talk to my hosting provider and was going to just back the db up to yesterdays date.. but they don\’t support backing up something specific to the magento db. so i have to figure out how to fix it now.. Any sugguestions?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

cdcaveman

Total Posts:  18

does anyone have a clue here.. i’m so stuck i’ve found another thread on this issue but its old from 2009 for a different version of magento..
i’ve tried changing vlues in core_store, core_store_group, and core_website to no avail!  i don’t know what else to do?

Magento Community
Magento Community

madaman13

Total Posts:  6

Any chance you figured this out?  I did the exact same thing today and now get nothing but 404’s.  It’s crazy how there are no solutions around!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community