Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Profile save issue

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

When saving a profile for import/export, the enclose value in field, comes back with a backslash trailing the quote character. Every time I save the profile it continues to add backslashes.

The input fields value is being echoed using the function getValue. What I’m trying to figure out is what is setting the value and why it’s adding backslashes.

This seems to be throwing off my import. The import falls apart after the visibility field ,the value is Catalog ,Search. This field would be enclosed in quotes and I believe this is why my import is not working. I’ve tested my csv files without this field and it works fine. When the field was present it was causing the fields to get mapped incorrectly, the fields were getting mapped to the previous field.

I’ve noticed that when I use a different value in the “Enclose Values In:” input the trailing slash is not added. I’m assuming it’s adding an escape character, however I don’t want this to occur.

If anyone could help or point me in the right direction that would be appreciated.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

invaderflid

Total Posts:  59
Northport Long Island New York

Does anyone know if this is is a bug, I checked and haven’t seen anything reported. Has anyone else had this problem and not reported it, perhaps I’ll submit this. Does anyone know if this issue occurs in later versions of Magento, I’m currently using version 1.1.7?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community