Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help Help Help Help

mikeinspain

Total Posts:  108
Alicante, Spain

Hi everyone

I am desperate for some help here..

I tried to upgrade earlier today from 1.1.6..  It went very bad!!

I tried to revert back to my backup and the shit has clearly hit the fan!!!  I now recieve this error report..

http://capitalhairandbeautyspain.com/store/report/?id=-265434138&s;=default

I now just want to get the store backup and running again as it was and I can’t.  I just do not know what to do.

Please if there is anyone that can directly help me, I would be real grateful.  Whilst I can’t afford much I am willing to pay for someone to help (via paypal)..

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeinspain

Alicante, Spain

Anyone....  Please!!

I can’t believe that know one has an idea what it going on?  Especially the Magento Team after all the other errors involved with the upgrades.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

Hi Mike,

Seems you are trapped…
The wisest thing is probably now to move back to 1.1.8 or to find your way into 1.2.0.1

I would suggest that you:
1 - make a backup of the complete DB, DIRECTLY FROM MYSQL, eg thru phpmyadmin. Check if you can safely restore this backup into another mysql db thru the same phpmyadmin. IF YOUR DB IS LARGE (ie >5M), be careful because reimport might prove delicate and you might need to use BigDump… which does not work if you have selected ‘extended inserts’ at backup time.
2 - make a backup of all htaccess and php.ini files you might have whether local or remote (don’t forget /app/etc/local.xml). Make a complete backup aff all files, place it IN ANOTHER DIRECTORY than the local directory you use usually

3 - Check for obvious problems:
-- htaccess or php.ini changed by the update process, overriding any tuning you might have installed
-- check that /js an all its subdirectories are chmod 755 (some host would need rather 705), and not 777 as usually created by the update; check that /js/index.php is chmod 644 (instead of the 666 of the update)
-- check that all subdirectories of your / are chmod 755 or 705 as well, except /var/ for which you can accept 777

4 - If none of this created a significant improvement, you might try a complete install:
-- except for you own-created content (check in /media, in /app/code/local, your themes and skins, and the elements you have placed in /app/etc/modules/), erase everything;
-- download and unzip locally the last version, upload the de-zipped version on the remote site
-- run the remote site and pray…

If that does not work for 1.2.0.1, and if you want to come back to 1.1.8…
YOU NEED FIRST TO RESTORE YOUR DB BACKUP, since the 1.2x process might have upgrader your db and so placed it in a state inconsistent with 1.1.8

Don’t forget to make you voice heard in the poll at http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/27574/

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeinspain

Alicante, Spain

thanks Fibo

appreciate it. will see if i can work through some of the tings that you mentioned.

-- run the remote site and pray…

Thanks and I have been praying since yesterday!!  grin

If that does not work for 1.2.0.1, and if you want to come back to 1.1.8…
YOU NEED FIRST TO RESTORE YOUR DB BACKUP, since the 1.2x process might have upgrader your db and so placed it in a state inconsistent with 1.1.8

I think this has actually happened… i went from 1.1.6 which was not running in a stable manner so went for 1.1.8 a few weeks ago..  that failed but managed to revert the store back to how it was without much incident.  Tried again from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0.1 and that was that..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community