Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

How do I install an Extension WITHOUT being forced to upgrade the system via Magento Connect? 

Aaron Tate

Total Posts:  8

I’ve been trying to use the osCommerce migration tool Extension, which was buggy in 1.1.8, but doesn’t work AT ALL in 1.2.0.1.  The only way I’ve found to install this tool is through Magento Connect, which forces an upgrade to the latest version without any opt-out or warning.  So now, since I don’t have a back-up of a 1.1.8 install with the extension already installed, I can’t even do a partial import.

Is there a way to install this extension without having to use Magento Connect?

Is there a way to stop auto-upgrades when using Magento Connect?

Is there a way to Magento Connect to inform you of specific upgrades and their interdependencies WITHOUT forcing you to upgrade to them first?

This is a rather pressing issue that is holding up migrating our customer off of osCommerce, and thus preventing us from getting paid.  Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

where_s_gary

Total Posts:  12

i’m in the same shoe trying to migrate osc to magento but the forced upgrade is making it so i can’t use osc migration tool.

anyone have a solution to osc migration that does not require downgrading to 1.1.8?
also if i need to keep my magento at 1.1.8 and install osc-migration-package, how do i do it without it auto upgrading?

thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brandlive_br
Guru

Total Posts:  653
Buenos Aires, Argentina

I’m not completeley sure, but it depends of the depencies of the extension.

Some times, when I wan to test some extension, I use some enviroment for test.
Once the extension is installed, you can copy the specific files.

I know, it’s handy work, but you can get those files without problem.

--
Damián

Magento Community
Magento Community

Schaum

Total Posts:  13

In which folder I have to install the extension?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community