Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Upon Upgrading to 1.2.1 Cannot Add orders in Back-end (JavaScript error?)

chadmott

Total Posts:  2

This is not a live store (yet) but we are having some problems with the order functionality since upgrading to 1.2.1. When you go to Sales -> Orders->New Order and click on an existing customer (or “Create New Customer") it doesn’t do anything (in IE7). Tried in Safari Mac and the same, so I loaded it up in FireFox(Mac) with FireBug and it threw 2 JavaScript errors (pasted below):

Firebug’s log limit has been reached. %S entries not shown.  Preferences
$("order:billing_method") is null
[Break on this error] $(’order:billing_method’).select(’input’, ‘select’).each(function(elem){
index.ph...essage.js (line 2931)
$(container) is null
[Break on this error] var fields = $(container).select(’input’, ‘select’, ‘textarea’);

I have deleted the /var/cache and rebuilt the cache from within Magento. Before the update all was working fine. I dont have any custom plugins or changes, in fact the install is totally factory. Any help would be appreciated, as I have searched the boards and don’t see any similar problems.

Also, in one post, someone mentioned that people were having problems and weren’t trying the “usual magento fixes” before posting… can someone post a link that lists what these fixes are so that I can make sure that I have tried them?

Thank you,
Chad

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

samuraijoe

Total Posts:  2

Has anyone been able to fix this problem??? Using Magento 1.2.0.3

Magento Community
Magento Community

apitronic

Total Posts:  27
France

Same problem… any one with solutions ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

gopika

Total Posts:  11

I am also having same issue..any help please.

Magento Community
Magento Community

arturisimo

Total Posts:  1

I have same problem! somebody knows how to fix??

Magento Community
Magento Community

gajendrasingh12

Total Posts:  1

arturisimo - 12 May 2009 06:28 AM

I have same problem! somebody knows how to fix??

i am using Magento ver. 1.7.0.2..if i click on create new order section new window open but after that if i click on customer or create new customer nothing will happen please some one help me ....

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community