Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

404 after deleting store on 1.2.01

Chris Nudd

Total Posts:  28

Deleted a store in magento, then started getting a 404 error.

Here is the report log:
a:2:{i:0;s:54:""$string" parameter for simplexml_load_string is empty";i:1;s:655:"#0 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(488): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadString(’’, ‘Mage_Core_Model...’)
#1 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(185): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadFile(’/home1/posdirec...’)
#2 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#3 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#4 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#6 {main}”;}

I’ve triple checked permissions, tried reinstalling and using same database with simplescripts, switched the local.xml file, moved the core config url to the new folder, but can’t connect to the frontend or backend. Any suggestions highly appreciated, or if i can at least extract my categories into a new db that will work too.

Gracias,
Chris Nudd

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

matteoweb

Total Posts:  55

Chris Nudd - 07 January 2009 08:55 AM

Deleted a store in magento, then started getting a 404 error.

Here is the report log:
a:2:{i:0;s:54:""$string" parameter for simplexml_load_string is empty";i:1;s:655:"#0 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/lib/Varien/Simplexml/Config.php(488): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadString(’’, ‘Mage_Core_Model...’)
#1 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Config.php(185): Varien_Simplexml_Config->loadFile(’/home1/posdirec...’)
#2 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(241): Mage_Core_Model_Config->init(Array)
#3 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(427): Mage_Core_Model_App->init(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#4 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/app/Mage.php(446): Mage::app(’’, ‘store’, Array)
#5 /home1/posdirec/public_html/store/index.php(52): Mage::run()
#6 {main}”;}

I’ve triple checked permissions, tried reinstalling and using same database with simplescripts, switched the local.xml file, moved the core config url to the new folder, but can’t connect to the frontend or backend. Any suggestions highly appreciated, or if i can at least extract my categories into a new db that will work too.

Gracias,
Chris Nudd

Same problem. No way to make it works.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community