Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Customer login loop in login page

sendnpay

Total Posts:  7

Okay, I now have a prob with customer login as whenever a customer try to login, they are immediately thrown back to the login page. So they just cannot login.

I know a few ways to solve this, but my questions are:
1. How do I change the server time setting?
2. My developers are pain in the ass and they didnt gave me full access to the CMS page, so I cannot access the session cookie management. How do I change this valeu without having to ask my developers as it would take ages.

Your kind information is highly appreciated.

Many thanks for the information

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sendnpay

Can somebody help me please. I’vve been googling for hours without answer to this problem. So it would be great if anybody can help me a bit here.

Magento Community
Magento Community

blikje

Total Posts:  35

Hi,

server time = server time, so try to contact your hosting provider grin

And concerning the login problem, you are not totally clear. Can’t a user login at all (password error?), or is he directed to the wrong page after login in?

Jacco

Magento Community
Magento Community

sendnpay

Hi Jacco,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I\’m having is this:

When a user is trying to login with the incorrect user/pass, they are directed to the login error page, however
when a user is logging in with the correct user/pass, they are not directed anywhere, but just stuck on the login page instead. hence i said they are just looping in login page as the title said smile

Do you have any idea, how I can change the session cookie management, apart from using the cms page?

Magento Community
Magento Community

blikje

Total Posts:  35

sendnpay - 18 April 2012 06:05 PM

Hi Jacco,

Thanks for your reply.

The problem I\’m having is this:

When a user is trying to login with the incorrect user/pass, they are directed to the login error page, however
when a user is logging in with the correct user/pass, they are not directed anywhere, but just stuck on the login page instead. hence i said they are just looping in login page as the title said smile

Do you have any idea, how I can change the session cookie management, apart from using the cms page?

I see smile Would this help?

http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/modules_reference/english/mage_adminhtml/system_config/edit/web#session_cookie_management_field_descriptions

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lee Devlin

I was having an issue with IE (IE8, 9, and 10) not being able to login on Magento admin panel or frontend account and as I was staring at this advice from the Magento docs, I thought about the fact that our domain doesn’t have a www.  Like most modern URLs, we have left off the ‘www’.  I’m referring to this passage:

“The Cookie Domain is mainly used to control whether cookies will be visible in subdomains (e.g. http://subdomain.domain.com/ or not. To ensure that cookies are available in all your subdomains, enter your domain name prefixed with a period:

.domain.com”

After many hours troubleshooting this IE problem (all other browsers were able to access login pages just fine), I removed the leading dot.  And now I’m able to login with IE as well as the other browsers.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community