Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I have functionality like email back when stock is available? 

vikas_ws34

Total Posts:  5

Can we have functionality like: “Notify me when back in Stock” if product is “Out of stock”

please refer this link:
http://www.letsbuy.com/samsung-nexus-s-i9023--black-p-14389

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

tzyganu
Mentor

Total Posts:  2205
Bucharest, Romania

Hello
This functionality is already available.
The only difference is that the customer must have an account and be logged in before subscribing to this alert.
In order to enable it go to System->Configuration->Catalog->Product alerts and set ‘Allow Alert When Product Comes Back in Stock’ to ‘Yes’.
Clear the cache just in case, set a product out of stock and see what you can do in the frontend.

Cheers,
Marius.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Yes, the functionality is build in magento.  If you plan to use it intensively you might be interested in the Product Alerts Reports extension, as it gives you full overview of the alerts usage activity.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community