Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 4
MYOB Integration Module

Aussie_Leo

Total Posts:  14

Chris sent me the following message this past Monday;

“We are still performing final testing and setting up our infrastructure to support the selling of the module. We hope to have it launched in the next few weeks. “

Regards

Leo

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Total Posts:  16
Melbourne Australia

Will look forward to it. At least it will get the project under way and we can get started.

I need to catch up with Chris at some time.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Anyone know if a particular version/model of MYOB will be required for this?

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Melbourne Australia

John Gibson was looking at Ver 17 and update checking etc. Best we see what Chris comes up with in his final testing etc.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

NeilA

Total Posts:  1372
Blue Mountains, Oz

Thanks Shane!

Cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

hcpunk

Total Posts:  24

Does anyone have information about the feature-set that the Fontis MYOB module will offer?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Melbourne Australia

You could PM or email Chris Norton on this. He is working on the release of the module.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Lynx

Total Posts:  19
Pretoria, South Africa

just to fill the rest of you in on some info I got when I sent a email directly to address on Fontis’ website. here is the reply I got back on the 16 April, 2009. hope it is a help to the rest of you who are also eagerly awaiting some news and the release of this plugin.

Hi Ryan,

> I am trying to find info about the MYOB module I heard your company
> was developing. I was informed of this via the Magento Community
> Forums and was told to get in contact with Chris Norton but haven’t
> got any replies or new info from him.

I apologize for the lack of response - we’ve been busy completing final testing and getting the infrastructure in place to deploy the MYOB product and fell behind on emails.

> If there is any news bout this, or if you are looking for beta
> testers, an updated possible release date (I was told it might be
> early April) can you please let me know.

As I mentioned, we’re currently doing final testing of the module and getting everything else surrounding it set up. We hope to have everything complete and ready for a launch near the end of the month. Pricing for the connector application is an annual subscription fee of $500 AUD. The product has been tested with the version of 17 and 18 of Accounting Plus and Premier but should be compatible with other editions of MYOB. The product is a Windows desktop application and will be able to synchronise customers, products and orders between MYOB and Magento.

If you would like any other information please let me know.

[Edit: Please don’t post email addresses or phone numbers without the sender’s consent.]

Magento Community
Magento Community

factory99

Total Posts:  3

$500 a year is too expensive in my opinion. I would pay this as a once off but for $500 a year i think is a big rip off.

I appreciate the work involved in creating this but there is a difference between being fairly priced and trying to take advantage of people.

What do you guys think? Does this sound like too much to you?

Magento Community
Magento Community

tasydney

$500 a year is way too expensive. I’d be happy to pay $500 for a single copy and to pay for major upgrades, but the idea of having to subscribe at this price is a real turn-off. MYOB Accounting software itself is $599.

Will be looking with interest at Fontis’s formal plans and as to what they are actually offering as part of the $500 deal.

Magento Community
Magento Community

CAE-Andy

Total Posts:  18
Adelaide

Hi All, I’ve been lurking in the background for a while now but thought I would wade in with my own investigations.

I’ve looked into this company in Sydney that gave me a rough price of a once off $1500 for a connector between MYOB and Magento, not sure if it is a live connector or what as it was only briefly discussed. Will follow it up in due course as $500 isn’t too bad considering MYOB wants a couple of hundred to keep your MYOB up to date - Microsoft don’t charge anything for Windows updates…

Had a chat with the Director of the company and I mentioned that if it could be bundled as an extension it would be most useful to a lot of people in OZ as Magento despite its issues is so far ahead of everything else.

Will keep you informed with any progress,

<Edited>

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lloyd Hazlett

Melbourne, Australia

CAE-Andy - 21 May 2009 06:03 AM

Unrelated to this issue I’d like to know if anybody has some Idea how I reconfigure my (4) Multiple Stores Magento installation to have different pricing within each store based on each store having or not having that product.

Hi Andy, you may have more luck asking this question in a separate thread on one of the more general forums, it will probably get more attention there and allow us to keep this thread on topic.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lloyd Hazlett

Melbourne, Australia

Hi guys, thanks a lot for your comments, it’s great to get some feedback and see the level of interest around this product. First of all let me clarify the major features of the subscription offering - 30 day money back guarantee, unlimited support, and access to upgrades for subscribers as they are released.

We believe the annual subscription pricing that has been mentioned represents great value for our customers. To illustrate why, it may be useful to consider an example. Suppose the data entry tasks that our solution automates are undertaken for your website either by yourself as the owner, by your bookkeeper, or by another staff member. For simplicity and as a reasonable estimate, assume the cost of that person’s time is $60 per hour. At this rate, if the person responsible for entering customers, orders and products between the two systems spends even 10 minutes each week on data entry (1/6 hour), the annual cost of performing those tasks would be $60 / 6 * 52 = $520 per year. Our solution would already be saving you money! And for most customers, we would certainly expect the time spent on manual processing would far exceed 10 minutes per week. Of course, your exact circumstances will vary, but if you also take into account the costs associated with data entry errors (which would be eliminated) and the benefit of having up-to-date figures for reporting on a more frequent basis, we believe the pricing on this basis alone represents excellent value for most MYOB and Magento users.

To address the issue of why we feel this product is best sold on a subscription basis, it primarily boils down to the fact that both MYOB and Magento are “moving targets” - MYOB has a yearly release cycle that will most often require the product to be updated (as per this year’s release), and Magento right now is updated even more frequently than that. To maintain the product and ensure continuing compatibility with the latest and widest range of versions that is possible will require significant ongoing developer resources. We are building a sustainable solution that includes real support provided by our expert Magento/MYOB team here in Australia to get you up and running, and develop updates to keep the product working for our customers far beyond the current MYOB and Magento releases. To enable us to provide the level of service that we believe our customers expect and deserve, we have priced our product accordingly.

Of course, we realise this product and pricing won’t be for everyone. For those of you who don’t have a large volume of transactions, customers or products, the time saved may not be enough to make this a compelling purchase. We understand that; in those cases it may be better to investigate a process of manual data import / export, or to continue with an entirely manual data entry process. In either case you are more than welcome to continue to use any of the 14 (and counting!) extensions we have so far released at no charge and will continue to maintain and support for the benefit of the Magento community.

Finally, if I could make a small request - while we understand that there may be times where members of the community wish to post parts of their correspondence with us in the forums, we would please ask that you refrain from including our email addresses and mobile phone numbers. This is a small courtesy that will prevent our email addresses and mobiles from being harvested by spammers. I would also encourage people to get in touch with us directly via private message or the contact form on our website if they have any queries at all, since we do endeavour to reply to all messages received as quickly as we can.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Vee_

Total Posts:  46
Western Australia

Hi Lloyd,

Do you have some screenshots or information explaining the process involved in using this module? One of my clients have an alternative manual and simple solution but still occasionally asks me about MYOB integration. I will need to get an idea of how it works before I even suggest this to her.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Code4beer

Total Posts:  2

Nice to have you Llyod here on the thread cool smile  been waiting to have someone from Fontis give some feed back.

Lloyd Hazlett - 21 May 2009 10:30 PM

To address the issue of why we feel this product is best sold on a subscription basis, it primarily boils down to the fact that both MYOB and Magento are “moving targets” - MYOB has a yearly release cycle that will most often require the product to be updated (as per this year’s release), and Magento right now is updated even more frequently than that. To maintain the product and ensure continuing compatibility with the latest and widest range of versions that is possible will require significant ongoing developer resources. We are building a sustainable solution that includes real support provided by our expert Magento/MYOB team here in Australia to get you up and running, and develop updates to keep the product working for our customers far beyond the current MYOB and Magento releases. To enable us to provide the level of service that we believe our customers expect and deserve, we have priced our product accordingly.

I agree with your reasoning on why a subscription is a good idea, as Magento does release quite a few new updates and I would like once I have my website launched to know that I won’t have to wait too long to upgrade because Fontis has a fast response time to releasing updates for the MYOB extension that might fix any breaks in the code due to Magento making changes. And I guess the same applies to MYOB software updates.

Lloyd Hazlett - 21 May 2009 10:30 PM

Of course, we realise this product and pricing won’t be for everyone. For those of you who don’t have a large volume of transactions, customers or products, the time saved may not be enough to make this a compelling purchase. We understand that; in those cases it may be better to investigate a process of manual data import / export, or to continue with an entirely manual data entry process.

sniff. Looks like i fall in this category, as I am running my own e-store and won’t have large amount of sales for the stores I hope to launch, but I do need to have it link with MYOB. There are free(or cheaper) solutions that I can use but I was hoping that if I put an initial investment to setup my store then it would be worth it to buy a couple extensions I need to use. Maybe I shouldn’t buy this extension as I am still using MYOB 15 and can’t afford to pay for upgrades every year, and prob not for a yearly subscription for this extension.

Do you think it might work to have it like most other software that is sold where you have option to just buy the software and then get a year of free upgrades and then if you are not a big company that will be always rebuilding and upgrading their Magento installation, and if you use same MYOB version then you can use the extension without need to resubscribe.

just a few thoughts. been watching this thread and sad that with my first post on this forum I am conceding that I will likely not be able to afford your current pricing structure.  long face

PS - do you have any update on when it might be released, just as I have been waiting to launch my website but even with above news might still wait to find out final pricing and what features/functionality it will have.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 4