Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
MYOB Integration Module

Aussie Shane

Total Posts:  8
Australia

Has anyone addressed an MYOB module with Magento as yet. I haven’t seen any discussion on it so it can start here. We have several clients requesting it so we could pool resources if any developer would like to co ordinate the project.

Hooks are available general discussion to date would seem it is a viable project

PM me if there is any interest and we would be prepared to over see the progress etc.

Aussie Shane
Aussie Interconnect

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Mike_Dean

Total Posts:  13

I’m also keen to see if this extension will get off the ground.

Currently use Zen-Cart, looking at migrating to Magento.

I use MYOB for my business so if there was a hook for Magento and MYOB it would be great.

Mike

Magento Community
Magento Community

billih

Total Posts:  1

Looks like these guys might have a solution:
http://www.ozbizsolutions.com.au/Products.htm

Magento Community
Magento Community

benau

Total Posts:  26

Rang ozbizsolutions.com.au this afternoon. They will call me back to explain if they have a solution. Watch this space.
B

Magento Community
Magento Community

gibbo_oz

Total Posts:  6

Hi - John Gibson from OzBiz here. We have had 3 requests for MYOB integration over the past week and are looking at this. Never as simple as first seems - need to have: The data from Magento – Customer and Order info - Things that you must (or would like) to write into MYOB that cannot necessarily get from the Magento database – such as Customer Terms & Delivery Status etc - Things in Magento that may not exactly match what you need to write into MYOB (requires a look up filed) - Parameters on what exactly want done – eg. Do you want to import as an Order or an Invoice? Which payment types do you want to actually record as received when importing the orders,?Do you want to update Customer information each time? etc. What we are looking at is to have the web developer add extra fields into the Magento database for “....and this is what it is called in MYOB” & a set of extra tables into which validated data is put - much like creating a text file. We would pick this up and then use this together with info held in our configuration. The data would be then validated against MYOB to ensure that if an import is written it should succeed and then posted to MYOB. The response would be written to the App database and reported to the user. This way any that do not succeed could either adjusted and re-imported or manually entered and marked as imported.
MYOB is being totally re-written with a Microsoft SQL database and is now due for release early next year. This is likely to change everything, though even MYOB have not yet decided exactly how the interaction will occur. There may be an ODBC, but their certainly will be an ability to use API calls - which may offer some real benefits with web integration but also raises serious questions that will have to be answered down the track.
Would appreciate some feedback here on exactly what is needed with a Magenta integration. The issue for us is not can we do it - because we can - it is more what do we need to do and how do we make this a commercial opportunity.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gibbo_oz

Hi. What I have worked on is to have the majority of the information coming from the Magento database. What it comes down to is having additional fields attached to the existing tables where you can define something in Magento as something in MYOB. This way when the data is extracted the code can pick up the MYOB required name rather than the Magento name. An export from MYOB to provide the drop-downs is not a problem and would ensure that what is selected actually exists in their MYOB file. Much of he additional information and parameters could also be set up in Magento, ensuring that the export will provide exactly what is required by MYOB. If this was set up correctly, then a simple query of the Magento database would pick up the orders and download into a database on the PC for processing into MYOB - with only a number of parameters being checked on how to handle the data. Could be pushed from the magento end or pulled from the MYOB end. Then getting into MYOB or any other accounting programme (except QuickBooks in Australia because the developers kit does not work at present) is a cinch.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Total Posts:  16
Melbourne Australia

Gday John,

If you need any help or even just info etc pm or email me and we will assist with whatever you may need. Quite a few have been looking at an option for MYOB integration so it will be a welcome addition.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fontis

Total Posts:  99
Melbourne, Australia

Fontis has completed an MYOB and Magento integration product that is in the final stages of testing in preparation for an early April release. We are currently accepting expressions of interest in this product from members of the community for closed testing and release notification. Please PM or email me if you would like to be involved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

gibbo_oz

Hi all. We will leave the integration to Magento to Fontis for the moment. Our expertise is working with people who need a customised solution which does exactly what they want and happy to leave the generic product for others. However, what we do have available for sale at less than the cost of activating the MYOB ODBC for read/write access, is a set of ActiveX dll’s that can be used to import data into MYOB and all functions except time have been covered. It even has an auto-apply function similar to that in QuickBooks for applying payments to Invoices.
You can use it with Excel for instance, simply writing VBA to define the data and using the ActiveX to make the connection to MYOB, post the data in and to get the response from MYOB. About half a dozen lines at the top, define the data and half a dozen lines at the bottom and you can have an import function written. the price covers installation onto two computers and the activation of the MYOB data file for ODBC access. However, the price does not cover training and assistance in writing the code, but it does come with sample Excel and Access files and documentation. These grew out of class modules we wrote for our own use.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Lynx

Total Posts:  19
Pretoria, South Africa

Chris Norton - 08 March 2009 09:14 PM

Fontis has completed an MYOB and Magento integration product that is in the final stages of testing in preparation for an early April release. We are currently accepting expressions of interest in this product from members of the community for closed testing and release notification. Please PM or email me if you would like to be involved.

Could you please let me know where I can find more info about this. I am currently building and site using Magento for a client who uses MYOB and any info about this is great appreciated.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Melbourne Australia

Hey Ryan,

You can PM Chris as he is not only the moderator of this forum but is directly involved with the Fontis MYOB module. As you can see above they are keen for testers etc so you could throw your hat in the ring and help Chris at the same time.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Lynx

Pretoria, South Africa

Sent you a email Chris bout the MYOB module heard you are writing, but haven’t heard any news. Anyone know what the status of this project? Eagerly awaiting its release

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ryan Lynx

Pretoria, South Africa

Please can anyone let me know any info about this module. It is already April and hvn’t been able to get any info/reply from Chris bout when it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie_Leo

Total Posts:  14

Hello,

I posted a message to Chris and haven’t heard from him either. Anybody else know the status of this? I am interested in trying this out.

Regards

Leo

Magento Community
Magento Community

tasydney

Hello, I am also interested in the MYOB plugin. Any updates? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

Aussie Interconnect

Melbourne Australia

Many have been trying for quite some time but all without success. You could contact Fontis direct at www.fontis.com.au and check for progrss on this as it was mooted that a module had been created.
I had several discussions with John Gibson from OZbiz but he has now shelved the idea after looking into it deeper.
We also have a ticket running with Vtiger for the same application without any success as we use it as our inhouse database.
I think we need to get a working fund to make this happen as it isn’t just a simple exercise.

Cheers

Shane

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 4