Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Daily/ weekly/ monthly automatic promotions

maisar

Total Posts:  11

Is there any way to create automatic promotions daily, weekly and monthly from existing products in the store?

For example: at the beginning of the month, I choose 30 products will be on sale (one for each day of the month), four products will be on sale for a week (each product for each week), and a product that will be the product of months.

It is easy to see, or I did not managed to explain?

Is there any way to do this? Any idea?

Thank you one more time!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

acknox

Total Posts:  10

Go to individual product pages set special (sale) price from (date you want product sale to start) to (date you want product sale to end). 30 products would take about an hour to do I would imagine.

Magento Community
Magento Community

maisar

Total Posts:  11

HI!

Thank you for your suggestion!

This is a solution I already knew.
However it isn’t good for what I want, because the aim is to appear on the home page automatically, or through static blocks or otherwise unknown to me and I’m looking.

The fact of placing the product on promotion ... okay, but it is not visible to the customer as soon as you enter the homepage.

Here the challenge is to create a kind of static block for each of the deals (daily, weekly and monthly) and then the product automatically appear in each, respectively.

What I did like most, was to create a static block, and then call the product through “insert widget” - “link to the product catalog,” but as a result, only shows a link to go to the products .. . and not the product image + link.

So… any suggestions? =)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community