Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Catalog Price Rules not removing from Custom option price

cwhall

Total Posts:  4

Hi

I’m havig an issue with Magento not removing the discount from Custom options that have a fixed prices. I’ve put an example below of what it’s doing.

Base product £10 - Custom option 1 £10 on top of the original £10 - Custom option 2 £20 on top of the original £10 - Custom option 3 £30 on top of the original £10

Catalog price rule set to discount 20% from a category including this product, the front end displays

Base product £8 - Custom option 1 display £18 - Custom option 2 display £28 - Custom option 3 display £38

It seems that the discount just isn’t working for anything else other than the base cost of the product, is there anyway to change this to discount on all the custom options?

Thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

quirkybird

Total Posts:  35

Unfortunately, Magento Catalog price rules can only discount the base price. The only way to apply a discount to products with custom option additive pricing is to use shopping cart price rules.

I’m not sure exactly why it behaves this way, but my guess is that it has something to do with that the base price actively changes when you choose an option with an additive price. I believe there may be an extension that may assist in this, will post if I find it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community