Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Can I have a custom attribute to define promotions

munjalm

Total Posts:  11
Mumbai

Hi,

I want to create a countdown timer for promotions which would countdown to the end date of the specific promotion offer, I further want the administrators of the site to select if the promotion is countdown or not while creating the promotion using a Yes/No. For which I need to create an attribute for the promotions entity. I intend to use the value of this attribute while passing values to the countdown timer which would be a jquery plugin.

Also, in case this is not possible or say improbable can some one please suggest me a better idea for achieving this.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

aheadWorks
Guru

Total Posts:  424

Hi,

Have a look at the Countdown extension. This module allows you to insert block which counts days, hours, minutes and seconds in reverse order to zero before or after the specified event triggering. You can insert the countdown on different pages of your Magento store, customize the view of your countdown block and specify parameter for each block.

Find the extension description, screenshots, and try the demo on the product page: http://www.ecommerce.aheadworks.com/magento-extensions/countdown.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

ec0mmerce

Total Posts:  242

Hi

If you require advanced functionality for countdown promotions, would like to offer this FLASH / PRIVATE SALES extension which easily allows to enable limited time specials as well as delivers all other features that private sales store has to offer (such as shopping cart reservation, bonus points, Invite friends, etc).

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community