Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Trouble with multi-language

ch4xgarden

Total Posts:  5

Hi....

before i go crazy here.... maybe one of the experts here can help me....

I administrate a shop, multilingual. Everything works perfect, the shopview of the different languages can be easily switched by selecting the language in this language box.... if one can find the box! Because one of the languages is chinese, and not everybody can read chinese. And if the website is switched to chinese and this box also includes the word “Chinese”, written in chinese.... then nobody knows that this is the place to switch.

My plan is now to change the design of this language box in a way, that icons of the flags of the involved languages are displayed with the box, or at least the names of the languages.

Has anybody an idea how to do it?

Thanks!

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Nickyfashion

Total Posts:  116
Bangkok/Miami

I am not sure if I understood your message correctly but if you are looking for a quick solution to display your languages (default language switcher) as flags you could eventually consider using this free extension.

Best,
Nicky

Magento Community
Magento Community

maria_atwix

Total Posts:  129

Hi. You can check an example of this topic is in the following article http://www.atwix.com/magento/replace-language-selector-flag-icons/

It can be useful information and hope this helps

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community