Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Does Magento allow order and shipping restrictions by country for specific items on the product level? 

WizardHQ

Total Posts:  3

I am looking for a store solution that allows me to set up an international store (world wide ordering / shipping from the USA) but allows me to restrict any product by country. I.e. I want to sell an item worldwide but need to exclude countries that don’t allow the import of that specific product (like a vitamin supplement). I need to prevent international shoppers from affected countries being able to place an order in the first place while not restricting buyers from countries where this is allowed.

Does/will Magento support something like this?

Thanks
Ralf

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

GearWild

Total Posts:  12

I need this support as well.

Is there native support or an extension in Magento that will allow me to restrict certain products from air shipping services and foreign countries?

I need to be able to restrict flammable items (lighter fuel, matches, etc) from overnight shipping methods because they can’t be put on a plane.  I also need to be able to restrict these same items from being shipped to other countries (for the same reason).

Any ideas?

Magento Community
Magento Community

dvdklnkr

Bump!

I have certain items that are not stock (need to be fabricated) so I don’t want my customers to be able to select “overnight shipping” for those items and get the wrong impression about availability.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Veraxus

Total Posts:  13

This is exactly what we need, too. Has anyone else come up with a solution already? If not, I’ll have to come up with something myself, as this is a mission critical item for us.

Ideally, the product’s page would have a “restricted countries” tab, where we can select countries that the product <b>cannot</b> ship to.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediadesignjax

We are having a similar issue and need to prevent only a few products from certain countries. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Magento Community
Magento Community

scott5678

Total Posts:  9

I emailed these guys with this question and they said their shipping override matrix extension works like this for many customers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

TSK

Total Posts:  23

i have the same problem as well..

Customers from two countries can order products and others can’t ?  How it possible ?

Thanks in advance.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Uruselfei

Total Posts:  74
Tallinn, Estonia

definitely too late to answer, but maybe this will help others who will search similar stuff.

to make customers unable to order to specific country, just disable this country in shipping method in you shipping module.

so, those counties still can browse your web, but will be unable to place an order. hopefully this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hi!
It is understandable that store owners want to limit shipping terms due to many reasons such as different terms of delivery, specific products and other.
There is a solution for such problems.

Shipping Restrictions

It will help you to set shipping restrictions based on order total, weight, zip code, region and much more. Find more information on Shipping Restrictions magento extension page:
http://amasty.com/shipping-restrictions.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

newbie91

Total Posts:  14

can some one provide to me an similar extension that FREE ?? i need something like this ..

please...or tutorial maybe help me.

please............

Magento Community
Magento Community

innoexts

Total Posts:  124

Zones Manager extension allows to restrict product availability by zone (composed of different countries / states / regions/ zip codes/ zip code ranges). You will be able to create and manage zones with their own minimum order amounts, product prices, catalog price rules, allowed and defualt stores, currencies, payment methods, shipping methods, catalog categories and products. The extension detects customer’s geographical location and assign him to the proper zone.
Feel free to try out the online demos or request a free trial in order to take a closer look at all of the functions of the extension:

http://innoexts.com/promotion/zone/

Magento Community
Magento Community

magepeople

Total Posts:  2

For shipping restriction on magento, we have made a simple solution, Please visit
http://mage-people.com/magento-extensions/magento-shipping-restriction-extension.html

We can make any customization as needed. This extension is more user friendly.

Image Attachments
logo-mage-people.png

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageWorxcom
Guru

Total Posts:  410
Washington DC Metro Area, US

Hello,

The Shipping Suite extension should help you. You can create shipping zones with products you’d like to sell in specific countries.

Magento Community
Magento Community

jpg5f2

Total Posts:  34
Chicago

Advanced Shipping Rules isn’t too expensive and allows you to make rules per country and product like this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

serpyre
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  771

Yes Magento can, but you need a website per country, and as Magento slows to a crawl the more sites you add your hosting bill will go in to the $1,000s/mth. You can ‘hack’ the core around but it is not stable, we have looked at that method over the past couple of years but never found an upgrade friendly, stable, scable, performance friendly approach.

So you may want to look at this discussion.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community