Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Products with Visibility: ‘Search’, do not appear in quick search

timpea

Total Posts:  68

Hi,

I am having a problem with the Quick Search on everypage not searching for products with the Visibility attribute set to ‘Search’, these products are found by using the Advanced Search, or if the Visibility is set to ‘Catalog, Search’.

I have reported it as a bug here:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4688

After reporting this, and trying to get to the root of the problem.  I realised that it doesn’t make any difference if a product is set to ‘Catalog, Search’, from just ‘Search’.  As none of my products that were set as ‘Search’ are added into any categories.  Am I missing something, or this a pretty pointless attribute?  For what reason would you need to set a product to Visibility: ‘Search’?

Thanks
Tim Pearson

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

TPB

Total Posts:  13

Has anyone found a resolution to this issue?  My products are showing up in an advanced search, but not the quick search.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

I can confirm this issue in 1.2.0.1.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage4Frank

Total Posts:  18
Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Check if these products have attributes set to typ multiselect. I didn’t get any results with quick search so I tried to rebuild the search index at magento system cache management. I got this error:

Call to a member function setAttribute() on a non-object in /magento/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Attribute/Abstract.php on line 351

Cause I am having many of attributes with multiselect typ i switch to sql directly.

SELECT *
FROM `eav_attribute`
WHERE `attribute_code` RLIKE ‘^_’
AND `is_user_defined` =1
AND `frontend_input`=’multiselect’
LIMIT 0 , 30

RLIKE cause my own attributecode start with an underscore (_).

I updated all of my multiselect attributes to make them not searchable within the quicksearch. Use at own risk!

UPDATE `eav_attribute` SET `is_searchable` = 0
AND `is_user_defined` = 1

After this I could update my search index. Now I change my attributes to searchable within quicksearch again: Use at own risk!

UPDATE `eav_attribute` SET `is_searchable` = 1
AND `is_user_defined` = 1

Now my attributes are searchable and quicksearch seems to run. wink

Magento Community
Magento Community

chanchel

Total Posts:  43

I am having this same problem.  All multi-select attributes have been turned off and when I try to search an item by a SKU number nothing appears.  I am using Magento ver. 1.2.0.2.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mage4Frank

Total Posts:  18
Düsseldorf, NRW, Germany

Did you rebuild the search index. Somewhere at administration > cache management

Magento Community
Magento Community

chanchel

Total Posts:  43

I rebuilt the search index, cleared cache, switched the attribute to not allowing quick order search and then allowing it again and rebuilt the search index again.  The advanced search works fine, it’s just the quick order.

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Mirasvit
Guru

Total Posts:  639

Hello, As a variant, you can try the ready extension Search AutoComplete & Suggest Pro. Check this one http://mirasvit.com/magento-extensions/search-autocomplete-suggestions.html..

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community