Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Add an extra input field question at checkout? 

janetgot

Total Posts:  33

I’m researching Magento for an upcoming project.  The one thing the client really has to have is the ability to ask one multiple choice question during checkout. The answer does not need to be required.  I will need to add a drop down input to the checkout process.  Is this doable in the most recent version of Magento? 

Thanks!
Janet

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

adimagento
Guru

Total Posts:  626
Los Angeles, CA

This functionality can be achieved with customization.

Magento Community
Magento Community

janetgot

Total Posts:  33

I am hoping to hire somebody who can code this additional field for us… I’m too new to Magento to assume I can get it done!

If somebody is interested, please PM me with your contact info and price quote.  Thanks!

Janet

Magento Community
Magento Community

AITOC
Guru

Total Posts:  618
US

Hello Janet

You can add an extra input field question (and not only) at checkout with our Checkout Fields Manager for Magento. It allows you to add fields to virtually any checkout step. Feel free to see more details at Magento Connect:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/extension/1037/checkout-fields-manager

Hope this is still helpful smile.

Magento Community
Magento Community

timmle

Total Posts:  72

I would love to know if anyone has a solution to this problem, except purchasing the checkout fields manager, to arrange the dropdowns in a certain way, (customising display), it would cost $480 instead of $80.

All i need is dropdowns which look like the following;

Prescription (MAIN TITLE)

Right Eye (SUBTITLE)

SPH [ ] CYL [ ] AXIS [ ] PRISM [ ] BASE [ ] ADD [ ] PD [ ]

Lefr Eye (SUBTITLE)

SPH [ ] CYL [ ] AXIS [ ] PRISM [ ] BASE [ ] ADD [ ] PD [ ]

This need to be on the checkout step for non registered customers and registered customers, and be on the order email and all information we and the customer see.

Can anyone guide me atall?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Amasty
Mentor

Total Posts:  3988

Hey,
now everybody can add unlimited number of extra fields to the checkout
forms using Order Attributes module.

Magento Community
Magento Community

pivisions

Total Posts:  6

I have taken this from a link - http://kernelhack.com/?p=37 .

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Custom Magento checkout fields
Here’s a quick easy way to add fields to the checkout process.

1. Visit Magento Connect and install the Customer Order Comment Extension
Magento Connect can be accessed from the Magneto Admin panel by going to System -> Magento Connect -> Magento Connect Manager
If you have difficulties with Connect, check out my other post regarding Connect permissions

2. Update Magento template files
Check out the sample file templates in /app/code/community/Biebersdorf/CustomerOrderComment/design/ and copy these files over the corresponding files in your template.  You may also use these files as a reference, and simply modify your existing template files.
To update the displayed text, modify this line in each of the aformentioned templates -> <?php echo $this->helper('biebersdorfcustomerordercomment')->__('How did you hear about us?') ?>
If you do not already have a custom template, I suggest installing the Magento Blank Theme and modifying this instead of the default Magento template

3. Voila!
Make sure your Magento cache is turned off, and test the checkout process.  You should now see the new field on the checkout confirmation page.

Room for improvement?
Certainly.  You can add additional fields by following these steps ->
Modify /app/code/community/Biebersdorf/CustomerOrderComment/design/mysql4-install-0.0.3.php and add the desired EAV-Attributes in the “sales/order” entity.
Run this file and it will create the attributes and corresponding database entries
Add the form fields in the template files
Modify /app/code/community/Biebersdorf/CustomerOrderComment/Helper/Data.php to grab these new fields and save them in the databasehttp://kernelhack.com/?p=37

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Magento Community
Magento Community

manish_iitg

Total Posts:  260

I have written a blog to add custom fields to checkout pages. please read the blog here

Magento Community
Magento Community

nousheen

Total Posts:  5

Hi Manish:

could you plz let me know how you add custom field and update cart price value at the same time ... For example, if you give buyer an option to include add-ons and if buyer select some it will increase the total value of cart accordingly…

Is it possible to add configurable/bundle product during checkout?

Thanks
Nosh

Magento Community
Magento Community

acknox

Total Posts:  10

Thanks Manish, worked like a charm!

Magento Community
Magento Community

FMEExtensions
Mentor

Total Posts:  1298

Add an extra input field / Drop down during the checkout process with Additional Checkout Attributes.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/magento-connect/additional-checkout-attributes-7685.html

Magento Community
Magento Community

klooomny

Total Posts:  1

You may add additional fields to checkout using Magalter Shipping Options extension. Fields count is unlimited. Also you may change their type as you wish - use dropdowns, multiselect, radio buttons, check boxes, inputs, etc.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community