Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Help, I am getting duplicate affiliate orders

ceekaydude

Total Posts:  4

Hi,

I have integrated PAP connector into Magento 1.5.1.0 and I can see tracked orders placed through Sales > Affiliate orders, but the PAP connector is showing the orders as being duplicated, so that there are two of the same order.  Screenshot attached.

The orders are not being duplicated anywhere else e.g. Sales > invoices, Sales > orders etc.

Does anybody know what may be causing this?

Many thanks in advance.

Image Attachments
Screen Shot 2012-04-02 at 17.16.49.jpg

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

MageGuys
Guru

Total Posts:  380

PAP may duplicate orders if the tracking script is run twice. It might also happen for PayPal orders (if the customer clicks the return to store link it will show them your success page, which will track the order, then the order will also be tracked when the IPN callback is triggered, since there’s no way to be sure whether they hit the success page.) In any case you should enable fraud protection in PAP to avoid problems. Just set it up to ignore duplicate requests with the same ID. Do NOT tell it to ignore duplicates from the same IP address, or else multi-item orders will not track right.

Magento Community
Magento Community

ceekaydude

Total Posts:  4

Thanks for replying!

Magento Community
Magento Community

shohokujoe

Total Posts:  1

MageGuys - 02 April 2012 01:48 PM

PAP may duplicate orders if the tracking script is run twice. It might also happen for PayPal orders (if the customer clicks the return to store link it will show them your success page, which will track the order, then the order will also be tracked when the IPN callback is triggered, since there’s no way to be sure whether they hit the success page.) In any case you should enable fraud protection in PAP to avoid problems. Just set it up to ignore duplicate requests with the same ID. Do NOT tell it to ignore duplicates from the same IP address, or else multi-item orders will not track right.

i has been looking for this long time ,thank you very much!  have setup fraud protection,hole it can effect!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community