Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Fatal Error: Allowed Memory Size

Baseballtips

Total Posts:  83

I just did a fresh install of 1.2.0 and I keep getting this error everywhere for different files.

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 87 bytes) in /home/jonnie/public_html/store/lib/Varien/Data/Collection.php on line 483

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 122880 bytes) in /home/jonnie/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Weee/Model/Tax.php on line 129

Fatal error: Allowed memory size of 33554432 bytes exhausted (tried to allocate 64 bytes) in /home/jonnie/public_html/store/lib/Zend/Db/Select.php on line 862

And it goes on. Just about every page I’ve been to on the front end has one of these. All caches are enable and my server admin has assured me that I have 128MB of memory.

Anybody know what else it could be?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Hello,

PHP on your server is configure to use 33554432 bytes, or 32 Megabytes of memory.  The error is telling you that the script is trying to allocate more than the available 32Mb. 

You can confirm this by creating a php file with the phpinfo() command in it and viewing the max_memory configuration parameter.

Hope this helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baseballtips

I look at my phpinfo() and confronted my admin about the contradiction between what it told me (32MB) and what he told me (128MB) and he assured me PHP 4 & PHP 5 were set to 128MB. Seems he might be to stubborn to double check his work. I guess I’ll have to bug him again.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Crucial Web Host
Guru

Total Posts:  364
Phoenix, AZ

Let us know how it all turns out for you.

Best of luck.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Baseballtips

After some trouble with custom php.ini files they finally just went ahead and upped the memory limit to 48 MB. The errors have stopped so it works for now as this is just a test store before we launch our actual store on a different server with a different company.

I’ve started getting a new error though in the cart.

Fatal error: Call to a member function getStoreId() on a non-object in /home/jonnie/public_html/store/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Item.php on line 209

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

I got this error too.
What is the problem ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

iluminada

Total Posts:  3

Bump.
We’ve got 1.2.0.2 running and are getting the same error:
Fatal error: Call to a member function getStoreId() on a non-object in /home/gingerp/www/gingerpeople.com/app/code/core/Mage/Sales/Model/Quote/Item.php on line 209

Seems to occur when adding items to cart, though is not consistent-- earlier today we added a few items and checked out without issue.  Now… same items, same user, but we get this error when accessing the cart from anywhere in the site.

Magento Community
Magento Community

iluminada

Total Posts:  3

We had the same error when adding an item to cart after previously removing other items.  We went into phpMyAdmin and changed the database storage engine for all 218 tables in the database to InnoDB and the problem appears to be resolved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

lemax
Guru

Total Posts:  318
Nantes, France

Be carefum, do not change ALL the tables to InnoDB.
Some should be MyISAM.
Do you want the list ?
Max

Magento Community
Magento Community

Andi28

Total Posts:  28

32 MB Cache is too less. I’ve upgraded my hosting package to 64 MB Cache and now everything is working (with a few products). I think the system requirements should be updated in this case.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Otternase

Total Posts:  67

Hi @ all

This error occurs quite often,
look at:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/28203/

Which tables have to be MylSAM?

This would be helpful for many users…
Thanks in Advance

Otternase

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jubba

Total Posts:  82
London

lemax - 16 January 2009 11:54 PM

Be carefum, do not change ALL the tables to InnoDB.
Some should be MyISAM.
Do you want the list ?
Max

The list would definatly be usful !!!!!!!!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community