Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

PLEASE SAVE ME FROM THIS UPGRADE HELL I AM IN 1.4-->1.6

sisieko

Total Posts:  62
nyc

Omigod!! Upgrading magento is like a living hell. I have spent 14 hours on this and have tried every method imaginable including ALL given all over these forums and still getting no where.

I am upgrading from 1.4 to 1.6 can anyone please help.

When I upgrade the codebase through ssh and navigate to my http://mysite.com, it runs forever and then throws this error:

i got this error earlier:
app/code/core/Mage/Customer/sql/customer_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.4.0.0.7-1.4.0.0.8.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ‘./magentodb2/9w7n_customer_form_attribute.frm’ (errno: 150)

Then I used the repair tool to refresh to a brand new installation db and got this:

dev/app/code/core/Mage/Admin/sql/admin_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1293 Incorrect table definition; there can be only one TIMESTAMP column with CURRENT_TIMESTAMP in DEFAULT or ON UPDATE clause

There has gotta be something I am missing. This is too painful. The worst cms to upgrade ever!!!  * crying *

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

sisieko

Total Posts:  62
nyc

nobori?

Magento Community
Magento Community

aaronwallace

Total Posts:  59

Hey,

You can go through this tutorial. I hope this will work 4 you.

http://www.expertmagentodevelopers.com/blog/upgrade-magento-from-1-4-to-1-5-or-1-6/

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

tonylee5566

Total Posts:  6

aaronwallace - 04 April 2012 12:51 AM

Hey,

You can go through this tutorial. I hope this will work 4 you.

http://www.expertmagentodevelopers.com/blog/upgrade-magento-from-1-4-to-1-5-or-1-6/

Thanks

thanks the information

Magento Community
Magento Community

zigojacko

Total Posts:  13

We’ve just upgraded a Magento store from 1.4 to 1.6 and have had to deal with countless issues and errors along the way, we’ve pretty much nailed a smooth upgrade process though now if you wanted to hire us to carry this out for you. Let me know if you are interested.

Failing that, the process we would definitely recommend in this instance would be:-

1. Install 1.6 version of Magento on server (sub directory if you don’t want to affect working/live store).

2. Upgrade database first - duplicate 1.4 database, navigate to 1.6 version url you just installed, then on install page, map install to the 1.4 database and then let this upgrade (expect a few minor problems along the way to fix).

3. Then copy over your extensions, themes, media and other theme/design related files. Folder by folder.

That is the process that will give you least amount of grief. Hope it helps.

Magento Community
Magento Community

sandrik

Total Posts:  79
Minneapolis

Hi, guys.
Any real solutions for this problem “SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table “?
This is probably a third error that I’ve got during upgrade. I forgot the first error, but second was “SQLSTATE[28000] [1045] Access denied for user ‘christia_mage15’@’localhost’ (using password: YES)”, so I have contacted my host and they changed password, so now I have “...General error: 1005 Can’t create table”
It looks like the upgrade stoped right there.

There has been an error processing your request

Error in file: “/home/christia/domains/christianrussianbook.com/public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Catalog/sql/catalog_setup/mysql4-upgrade-1.5.9.9-1.6.0.0.php” - SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 1005 Can’t create table ‘./christia_mage15/#sql-20d9_5b0e20.frm’ (errno: 121)

Trace:
#0 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(645): Mage::exception(’Mage_Core’, ‘Error in file: ...’)
#1 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb(’upgrade’, ‘1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.8’)
#2 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb(’1.4.0.0.44’, ‘1.6.0.0.8’)
#3 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Resource/Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(412): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 /public_html/bookstore/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(338): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 /public_html/bookstore/app/Mage.php(640): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 /public_html/bookstore/index.php(80): Mage::run(’’, ‘store’)
#8 {main}

Any suggestions would be very helpful.
Can’t make work my site already 3rd week.
Regards.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community