Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 4 of 4
Looking for a good shared host to use Magento

isitfree

Total Posts:  2

SO many offers smile
Which one has servers in Wisconsin?

Need that for a local shop

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

Our servers located in Washington. Will it work for you? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

wctest

Total Posts:  3

Moving to magemojo.com hosting was probably the best decision I’ve ever made. I’ve been through 6 or 7 hosting companies and my site speeds have never been faster and they usually respond to my support requests within a few hours if not minutes. I’m not the type of person to review a company but I’ve just been so impressed, I wanted to give credit where credit is due. I’ve actually begun the process of transferring over my non magento sites there as well.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wctest

Total Posts:  3

Logix - 18 June 2008 05:28 AM

I run Magento on a Shared Reseller account on HostGator and it works great.  I’ve never had a problem with it.

I used to run my magento sites at hostgator, you will be disappointed. If you want to increase your PR your page speeds matter, and when your new hostgator shared neighbor joins your server and hogs your resources, you’ll see what I mean. If you have thousands of products try magemojo, if its a smaller catalog then any shared hosting provider that limits server accounts.

Magento Community
Magento Community

magneto800

Total Posts:  60

maybe this can help:

http://www.hosting-review.com/?gclid=CI7g_tiMpLYCFcUt6wodEUYAKw

Magento Community
Magento Community

Magestore
Mentor

Total Posts:  1015
Viet Nam

You may take a look at this review about shared Magento Hosting, with our years of experience using Magento we can see that the review is quite accurate, although there\’re some missing points about Nexcess and Hostgator. However, it\’s worth seeing
http://magentotutorial.net/best-magento-hosting/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Sindre|ProperHost
Mentor

Total Posts:  1158

Be careful with these so-called \"web hosting review\” sites. 99% of them are based upon how much each one pays out in commission so that the owner of the site gets a nice paycheck for each customer they refer through their affiliate program. The reviews are not real and does not in any way guarantee that Magento will run smoothly on those hosts. The \"Top 5 Best hosting\” title should be renamed \"Top 5 most paying affiliate programs\”.

Just a friendly warning. If you want a list of hosts supporting Magento, check this page instead:
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/1_-_installation_and_configuration/magento-web-hosting
At least it is not biased.

Magento Community
Magento Community

diegogodin

Total Posts:  37

magestore - 27 August 2013 07:08 PM

You may take a look at this review about shared Magento Hosting, with our years of experience using Magento we can see that the review is quite accurate, although there\’re some missing points about Nexcess and Hostgator. However, it\’s worth seeing
http://magentotutorial.net/best-magento-hosting/

When looking for magento hosting, we must first look at Magento System Requirement. I think this review is ok for those who are looking for affordable magento hosting for their new business.
However, Magento is a resource demanding platform, so I recommend upgrading your hosting to VPS or dedicated server as soon as possible

Magento Community
Magento Community

Benabee

Total Posts:  6

Hi,

I use a shared server at Hostgator (Business Plan). It’s cheap.

Server administration is quite easy using CPanel. There’s also an automatic backup every week. There’s also an email server.

A dedicated server would be faster but would cost a lot more of money and would require more administration skills. I think the speed is decent (but I don’t have many products). You can see my site here : http://www.benabee.com

Tip : I had 50% off the first year because I ordered it on Black Friday smile

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 4 of 4