Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Looking for a good shared host to use Magento

Logix

Total Posts:  3

I run Magento on a Shared Reseller account on HostGator and it works great.  I’ve never had a problem with it.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Shamans

Total Posts:  26

I’m on the $5/month plan on SimpleHelix. My guess is it’s not really any different from the $20/month plan in terms of speed.

My experience has been okay so far (in all aspects). I didn’t use the 1-click install, but I didn’t have to do anything special (on a normal installation) to get Magento work either. Only thing I didn’t like was they advertised SSH access as “optional” on the $5/month plan but when I asked if it was possible to activate it, they said it’s only possible on the $20/month plan.

Support tickets typically get back to you within 6 to 12 hours. Speed on magento is good (though I haven’t done extensive testing yet). Server is stable thus far. Admin software is decent. Not bad for $5.

I’m going to have to upgrade to the $20/month plan soon due to bandwidth usage.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Shamans

Total Posts:  26

I just migrated to standard plan. Whole thing was pretty smooth and well done.
Speeds were faster. Support got back to me within 1 to 5 hours this time.

Magento Community
Magento Community

voltsonic

Total Posts:  12
California

i have used 1and1 and mochahost and not having much luck on neither one. 1and1 requires manual installation and configuration which i don’t mind but problem is server is always busy result of me unable to login on back end and sometime my site would also be down. mochahost i like initially because of its built-in support just one click and install to my site and very easy to configure. but again problem is the server this is only my seond week of usage and i’ve already been down 3 times and it went down last night still down as i wrote this review. one of the previous post is right, maybe magento would be best to use dedicated server as last thing you want your online store is down. i will give helping hand host a try once i backup my files and close account @ mochahost. thanks guys for all the suggestions.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kammalou

Total Posts:  285
Denmark

Have you seen this one : http://magebenchmark.sonassi.com/

Magento Community
Magento Community

Olof

Total Posts:  152

We use TSO Host’s Grid, attraction is the awesome support…

Magento Community
Magento Community

fishnut

Total Posts:  45

BLUEHOST IS AWFUL

NEVER EVER EVER USE BLUEHOST- I have been on hold with them for over an hour because they completely deleted my magento store… finally we got it fixed (about 3 weeks ago) and now 15 wordpress installs on a completely different account, on a completely different server have been deleted

EVERYTHING GONE, INSTANTLY, THEY SAY THEY CAN’T RESTORE IT AND NOW THEY WON’T EVEN OFFER ME SUPPORT

BLUEHOST WILL SCREW YOU UP, I DON’T CARE WHO YOU USE, BUT NEVER USE BLUEHOST

as you can tell I am a little angry right now

Magento Community
Magento Community

Artega Imports

Total Posts:  78
Liverpool, England, UK

fishnut - 23 March 2010 03:21 PM

BLUEHOST IS AWFUL

NEVER EVER EVER USE BLUEHOST- I have been on hold with them for over an hour because they completely deleted my magento store… finally we got it fixed (about 3 weeks ago) and now 15 wordpress installs on a completely different account, on a completely different server have been deleted

EVERYTHING GONE, INSTANTLY, THEY SAY THEY CAN’T RESTORE IT AND NOW THEY WON’T EVEN OFFER ME SUPPORT

FYI I host Magento websites from £2.45 per month.

I also offer website management services to save you the headaches of managing magento alone.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Turnkeye
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  908
URL: turnkeye.com

We offer semi-dedicated hosting plans with Magento support.

Magento Community
Magento Community

WebhostUK LTD

Total Posts:  163
UK

fishnut - 23 March 2010 03:21 PM

BLUEHOST IS AWFUL

Its really sad to hear, make sure now you select a host after testing if they have true 24/7/365 days.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

I through my hat in for Crucial, they have helped me innumerably.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/group/view/227/crucial-web-hosting

Super Fast Servers.

Magento Community
Magento Community

NEURVANA Edge

Total Posts:  19

We have been using: http://www.weatherbytech.com as our host and have experienced 0 downtime, they have pretty good support and their systems are configured for magento 100%.

They are not free and their prices are fair, but if you need a good host for Magento I would highly recommend them. Just take a look at how fast our site loads: http://www.neurvanaedge.com.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stylesofny

Total Posts:  39

Simple helix is the best IMO. My sites are faster with them, everything works properly, The support is great, the pricing is fair. You don\’t really need to spend 3 arms and a leg each month for hosting. i am on a 50 dollar a month max plan and i have a site with over 1200 products. No issues, and my site runs faster then it has at my previous host (properhost, these guys are good too but they only take paypal as payment and i am 100% anti paypal, and they dont have phone support at all).

My sister uses hostgater for her magento store and is having good success, with them. Bluehost and siteground are the worst. NEVER EVER EVER EVER use siteground for hosting, them will start charging you for stuff you did not purchase, they will cripple your site, there support will nickel and dime you for everything, and there support is terrible.

by the way the captchas to post here is too difficult you should just use recaptcha.

Magento Community
Magento Community

wataboy75

Total Posts:  3

You are absolutely right! Site Ground is the worst hosting company. They intentionally mislead you and their “premium” paid support is a joke. Yes they respond right away, but responding by saying “go to our tutorial” for every issue doesn’t really help.  It’s like that Credit Card commercial for the miles reward program.......“hi this is Peggy speaking”...lol.  They ended up costing me more money and time dealing with them than just paying for a better company. Oh, did I mention that my site took an average of 20-40 seconds to load?

I switched over to MageMojo, which offers an unbelievable VDS program. I am on the cheapest plan for about $59 a month. They are set up strictly for Magento performance.  This company is amazing!!!!!  My site is super quick (4-5 seconds) and their support is stellar. They even migrated my site for free. I haven’t even done anything else to optimize my site and now I don’t even think I need to mess with any optimization extensions for now. Trust me when I say it is probably one of the best choices I have ever made.

SiteGround=Miserable Life MageMojo=Lovin’ Life

Check out my site (still a work in progress) ...  www.photoflipart.com

Magento Community
Magento Community

Ebuntu

Total Posts:  245
Denver, CO

Nothing like ServerTune.com. These guys rock; best and fast servers (DELL), devices, and customer service. They also provide FREE technical support for your Magento powered site.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community