Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 4
Looking for a good shared host to use Magento

entropy1980

Total Posts:  4

Just like the title says. Anybody have any suggestions? Looking to use it for production (w/ SSL Cert obviously) once Magento is out of beta....

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Total Posts:  171

Hi entropy1980,

Feel free to give us a try, our servers are 100% Magento compatible. lkbryant also created a wiki page with all of the compatible Magento hosts he has found.

Magento Community
Magento Community

entropy1980

helpinghandhost - 23 January 2008 08:07 AM

Hi entropy1980,

Feel free to give us a try, our servers are 100% Magento compatible. lkbryant also created a wiki page with all of the compatible Magento hosts he has found.

Thanks!!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Jason

Total Posts:  19

I have been testing Magento with SimpleHelix and they’ve been great!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Scott
Guru

Total Posts:  333
Northwest Ohio

Simple Helix is offering a FREE account for use with Magento, and you cannot beat that.

I run my own dedicated server to host my own clients, and it has full Magento support and a decent control panel, but I don’t market myself as a web host, except to my clients. But if you are interested in someone to design your Magento shop with a fresh look, modern style, and usability-focused design, feel free to give me a shout via pm. smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

dotcomlarry

Total Posts:  11

I’m looking on the SimpleHelix site and can find no such offer for free Magento hosting.... Where is it?

Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Hello dotcomlarry,

Feel free to contact us and we’ll set you up on a free account for 60 days.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mr_dimsum

Total Posts:  35

I can vouch for Helping Hand Host. Jeff me up with an account and even did the installation for me (he brought it up, not me) in tip-top time. Of course, Helping Hand Hosting is not void of anything else that shared-hosting does, and slightly slower speeds, etc. is expected and regular. I can say that they seem to be quite courteous and will set you up with 2-months free without asking you to sign-up to a prior commitment.. A genuine trial!

Good stuff!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mayerwin

Total Posts:  182
France

Hello, I would avise you to try 3ix : http://www.3ix.org/sys/aff.php?aff=3387. I’ve been using it for quite a while and their service is really good. If you even need to enable a PHP extension that’s not in the default hosting they will do it for you within a very reasonable delay and at no cost. The data storage is huge (shared with the DB so that you have enough space for your DB). The SSL shared certificate is FREE. And the price is the lowest I have found. I was previously on 1and1 but since their prices have increased they are no longer competitive.
Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lucian

Too bad that Helping Hand does not allow users from Romania :(.
I’ve just wanted to buy a Magento Package with them and got rejected because of this :( :(

Magento Community
Magento Community

helpinghandhost

Hi Lucian,

I have just responded to the ticket you sent. Please login to the client area to view the response. We will get your accounts setup ASAP after payment has been made.

Magento Community
Magento Community

loveyourbutcher

Hey there

You really can’t go past Helping Hand - I’ve just switched my main account to them and the service has been extraordinary. I’m now in the process of moving all my accounts from Siteground.

Jeff S at Helping Hand is incredible.

Hope this helps

-Charbel

Magento Community
Magento Community

norbolig
Guru

Total Posts:  328

Hi entropy1980,

I am sure that many Hosting companies will do a great job.

I have chosen simplehelix (just now testing magento at $ 4.95 a month).

They have given me superiour service (they offered to do the magento installation for free, as it did not work out for me). They have responded quickly to any inquireries. They offer many one-click installers (such as WordPress and Drupal), and will even put up new one when asked.

So at least, you should be well served with them. Good luck!

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

I’m using helping hand, too.Much better then 1and1 =). Less expensive then simple helix (although, as I understand, a little lest fast. But helping hand is very new. Lets see how long it lasts…

Magento Community
Magento Community

magbuzz

Total Posts:  32

I’ve found a host that has been extremely helpful in helping me get Magento up and running. Their servers are configured for Magento and within just a few minutes you can have your site running.

Ticket response is always fast and they update the ticket keeping me informed on the progress which is a rare thing these days.

On one occasion they logged into my store to re-create my problem and found a simple solution to what I thought was a serious problem.

They offer many plans and are competitively priced. I have a shared plan which runs fast and is reliable. I‘m extremely happy and would encourage anyone to use this host.

http://www.spherewebhosting.com/

When making your inquiry indicate your intent to run Magento so your account will be directed to the Magento configured servers.

mag

Magento Community
Magento Community

KonstantinDK

Total Posts:  47
Arlington, TX, USA

How fast is magento on that hosting?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community