Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 2 of 2
Magento 1.6.0 not storing Paypal buyer email addresses

trucatch

Total Posts:  13

As soon as we receive a new Paypal Express order I will let you know but I am thinking it will probably work now. I was just under the impression it was going to go back and change all orders.

Thanks,
Ryan

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

trucatch

Jason,

I just received two new orders from the Paypal Express Checkout and still no email. Magento is still sending the emails to a Guest account. And no Billing Address either.

Do you happen to have any more ideas for me to try?

Thanks,
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

netengine73

Total Posts:  10

Have you talked to your Paypal account Rep and asked them to flag your account as allowed to receive the billing address? It is not the default and must be changed by Paypal

Magento Community
Magento Community

trucatch

Jason,

I tried to contact Paypal and get our account flagged to receive Billing Address but the lady said they cannot flag an account for that reason as they cannot give out the Billing Address information for some stupid reason.

She said I need to contact my Shopping Cart Provider to receive this information?

Now I am just absolutely lost. Any ideas?

Thank you,
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

netengine73

Total Posts:  10

Do you use a personal Paypal account or a business Paypal account? Try to setup a business account and have a rep assigned. You will need to go through a certification process and meet some volume requirements.

If Paypal is a small part of your business, then I would suggest informing the customer that you do not collect the billing account information during the order.

I do know the problem happens when you have the cart checkout enabled. If you turn that off and force them to checkout through the Onepage, they enter their billing information before the Paypal click. That guarantees you get the address but may discourage some sales.

Jason

Magento Community
Magento Community

trucatch

Jason,

Sorry this took so long to reply but I have been going round for round with Paypal and not getting anything accomplished. We also just updated the webstore to 1.7.0.2. Which is making this simpler because they have a field in the backend to \"Require Customer\’s Billing Address\” but for this to work Paypal needs to do the same. The problem I am having with this is Paypal will not allow us to receive the Billing Address so in return when I have this field selected to \’yes\’ the Paypal Express button does not work and gives me an error code: \"PayPal gateway has rejected request. Billing address request is not enabled for merchant (#11547: Request for billing address failed).\”

I just don\’t understand why they can\’t allow us to receive this information its just a Billing Address. I mean we can get the Shipping Address. When I talked with a lady not in the Technical Support Department she even told me where to find the \"Require Customer\’s Billing Address\” but of course I am not allowed to make any changes, only Paypal Technicians. But the Technicians will not allow us to change this field.

So what I am trying to say is I still have not got this figured out. We have a Business Paypal Account but do not have a rep. I do understand removing the button from the shopping cart but I do think that will push some business away and would not like to go that route if possible.

Thanks,
Ryan

Magento Community
Magento Community

ben_incani

to fix previous orders via mysql

-- backup table first
mysqldump your_db sales_flat_order > sales_flat_order.sql

-- test join and where clause
select customer_email, SUBSTR(additional_information, 137, INSTR(SUBSTR(additional_information, 137),"\"") - 1) as paypal_email from sales_flat_order AS sfo
left join sales_flat_order_payment AS sfop on sfo.entity_id = sfop.parent_id
where customer_group_id = 0 AND method = “paypal_express” AND (customer_email = “” OR customer_email IS NULL)
limit 5;

-- pray - as limits don’t work
update sales_flat_order AS sfo
SET sfo.customer_email = SUBSTR(additional_information, 137, INSTR(SUBSTR(additional_information, 137),"\"") - 1)
where customer_group_id = 0 AND method = “paypal_express” AND (customer_email = “” OR customer_email IS NULL);

-- check
select customer_email, SUBSTR(additional_information, 137, INSTR(SUBSTR(additional_information, 137),"\"") - 1) as paypal_email from sales_flat_order AS sfo
where customer_group_id = 0 AND method = “paypal_express”
limit 5;

done

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 2 of 2