Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Error while rebuilded Search Index. 

Altiplano

Total Posts:  13

Since I’ve upgraded to version 1.2, when I try to rebuild the search Index, I’ve got the message “Error while rebuilded Search Index. Please try again later”.
I’ve tried to empty the var/cache folder, but it makes no effect.

I’ve got another problem in this cache management, I’ve tried to refresh the catalog and the Layered Navigation Indices but I’ve got the “Fatal error: Maximum execution time of 120 seconds exceeded” error.
I’ve tried 240 seconds, still makes no effect.

In the front office, I’ve got several errors, mainly when I tried to sort a list of products by price for example, it doesn’t work.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

Is there any file created when you resume indexing?
You might check the access rights to the cache directory and its subdirectories: these are the rare caes where it seems that chmod should be 777

Magento Community
Magento Community

Altiplano

Thanks for your answer.
I just try to empty and chmod 777 the magento /var/cache directory and his subdirectories but I still have this error message.

But files and directories are created.
Should I check the creation of a specific file ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

If you run the cache update several times, is the number of files in the cache increasing? If yes, one workaround might be to run indexing several times, until the number of cached files is stable
I was not looking for any file in particular, just checking that the files could be created in the cache.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fupper

Total Posts:  33

You might want to try..
http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/groups/227/cache_is_not_writable

Magento Community
Magento Community

Altiplano

This solution seemed interesting but does not solve my problem, I still have this message and the result is that the sorting by price in the category is completely false.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freddy Bang

Total Posts:  52

Hi Altiplano,

Did you ever find a working solution for this issue?

I got the same problem after upgrading to v1.3.0 Yesterday.. I restored my backup to a new site running latest v1.2.x and here the ‘Rebuild. works fine so it broke doing the upgrade process.

Any input would be much appriciated

Thanks

Magento Community
Magento Community

Freddy Bang

Total Posts:  52

I have finally identified the problem which was caused by the Gift Certificate extension, which I had removed after upgrading to v1.3.0 since it wasn’t compatible. Unfortunately there must have been some left overs but today I successfully upgraded to v1.3.1 (didn’t solve the problem alone) and also installed the 0.9 beta version of the gift certificate and right after the rebuild search worked again..

So case is closed!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community