Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Images are not displayed during import of products

Kacie

Total Posts:  20

Hello..

I am new to magento and dint get how to import images from CSV. I read all the threads here but could not figure out.
Images are not displaying while i import the products. all other attributes are being imported except images. i have kept the images in media/import/images. In CSV its showing as /f/i/file_5_78.jpg.
Should i change the path in CSV file?

Please help.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

bashen

Total Posts:  27
Eindhoven

deeptiraghavendra - 06 January 2009 12:33 AM

Hello..

I am new to magento and dint get how to import images from CSV. I read all the threads here but could not figure out.
Images are not displaying while i import the products. all other attributes are being imported except images. i have kept the images in media/import/images. In CSV its showing as /f/i/file_5_78.jpg.
Should i change the path in CSV file?

Please help.

Hi,

the path where you have should put your images is /media/import. The file name in your CSV should be /file_5_78.jpg. Make sure you ad the / in front of the image name. This should do the trick.

D.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Kacie

Total Posts:  20

Hello bashen,

Thank you so much.. its working..

Now i have one more problem.  I have inserted a configurable product manually and exported it. In this exported CSV sheet i have added few more products and then imported but its not working. It is bcos the simple products and the configurable products have not been linked. once its imported i need to do manually the relation to simple products.

Does magento has a solution for this? please help.

Thanks in advance

Magento Community
Magento Community

bashen

Total Posts:  27
Eindhoven

Hi,

sorry can’t help you with this. Found a forum post which handles this but don’t know if you are helped with this.

http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/6941/P30/

D.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community