Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Import export of data or update? 

b3n017

Total Posts:  21

Hello

I’m a developpeur and I’m starting with magento.

I have one site e-commerce (v 1.4.2) and I want to make an other one (v1.6.2) with the same backend. My site is in 1.4.2 I made updagre to 1.6.2 in a test environement but the interface became ugly. I have the template for the new one.

Perhaps is it better to import export data directly from the v 1.4.2? or must I do the upgrade and export/import data to 1.6.2 after? Is there any risks? Because it’s not me who do the interface, I don"t kown how the someone befor make that interface (plugin, code, both...?) And I can change the template a leatle beat.

And I have an other question : how must I do for have 2 differents descriptions for the same product but in differente store? If there no
specific description for a store I want that magento take automatically a default description.

Thanks

I think that my english is not very good if you see a big mistak you’ll be welcome to say to me. smile

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

VirGG

Total Posts:  3

import/export for magento is a tricky thing. I had problems with import of images (not showing in the front end) and bulk product impoirt.
I have recently found one article which suggests migration as an alternative. you may find it useful (and it will be a kind of practice for your english wink
here is the link http://www.shopping-cart-migration.com/useful-articles/42-magento/4416-magento-upgrade-or-migrate

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community