Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Admin Form Module Wiki Article Problems

CVinson86

Total Posts:  40

Has anyone successfully implemented this wiki article: http://www.magentocommerce.com/wiki/how_to_create_an_admin_form_module

in 1.2.0.1?  It doesn’t throw any errors when I recreate the article’s conditions exactly, but the form page is blank.  I’ve tried it with several different Namespaces and Module names with no success.  Does anyone know of an article that works for sure with 1.2.0.1?
Thanks,
-CV

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Natallia

Total Posts:  2

I have the same problem.
My modules worked in Magento 1.8, but after I upgraded to 1.2.0.1 I can’t change any admin functionality.
Can someone help us?

Magento Community
Magento Community

MageParts
Guru

Total Posts:  415

This is a silly question, but if this is a custom module, did you add it in app/etc/modules/Mage_All.xml? Couldn’t find any reference in the article to that file.

Magento Community
Magento Community

derrickhunter

Total Posts:  4

I have the same problem
My custom module was working with version 1.1.6
But since upgrading to version 1.2.1.2 I can’t use it ....
Please help !

Magento Community
Magento Community

subesh

Total Posts:  145

I had same problem.. Actually my problem was form was not posting.. postAction () was not being called.. and after a long struggle… I got the solution..
Try adding this on the form..

<input name="form_key" type="hidden" value="<?php echo Mage::getSingleton('core/session')->getFormKey() ?>" />

this is by adding on the .phtml file… and while you generate form by code… the try this

$this->_objectId 'id';

It worked for me.. :D

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community