Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Order confirmation + Shipping confirmation

treelifedesigns

Total Posts:  8
Atlanta

Hey Guys,

I have a client that runs a site on 1.4 magento platform and they are having an issue with order confirmation and shipping confirmation.

When a customer orders a product they instantly receive an order confirmation email which is great, but they are also receiving a shipping confirmation email which is not good.  The client only wants the shipping confirmation sent when they add a tracking number.  Is there a setting I am missing where I can set this up?  Is it uncommon for the shipping to automatically send when an order is made.

Any help would be great!

Thanks,
Nate

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

treelifedesigns

Total Posts:  8
Atlanta

any idea of why this is happening ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

sterg17

Total Posts:  94

It may be because the orders are being marked as COMPLETE (or another status), instead of PROCESSING, when the order is placed.

I have all my new orders being automatically marked as PROCESSING.  When the shipping confirmation number is added, they are automatically marked as COMPLETE, and then the system triggers the shipping email.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community