Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Newbie. New Attribute set values not showing on product page. 

Silverz

Total Posts:  1

Hi,

I’m new to Magento and have just created my first product attribute called Sizes. I’ve added values (S,M,L).

I then created a new Attribute Set, called Size Options, and added the Sizes attribute to it.

OK, so then I went to create a new product, chose not the default attribut set but my new one, and the size field was there when I created the product, but, I could only pick one size.

I have 3 of each sizes, so how come I can only pick one size? I want to add to the inventory that I have 3 of each size.

After creating the product, there is no drop down box showing on the product’s page where I can select the size.

Basically I want the drop down box to show what sizes we have in stock (ie: 3 of each size).

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

smileader

Total Posts:  62

- Pick one size: type of attribute = dropdown .Pick more one size: type of attribute = multiselect

- Show attribute on product page:

<?php Mage::getModel('catalog/product')->load($_product->getId())->getAttributeText('<yourattribute>'?>
or
<?php echo $_product->getData('<yourattribute>'?>

- If you want choose more one size : use <select multiple="multiple"></select> wrapper attribute.

Magento Community
Magento Community

oktanedesign

Total Posts:  14

I’m able to display product attributes in the product view page....

but i have a .phtml template for my sidebar… and the same code i put on my product view template don’t work on my sidebar.phtml…

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community