Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Is the “1025 Error on rename of…” actually unfixable ? 

Peppermay

Total Posts:  111
Lille, France

Hi Magento World !
I’ve never experienced a so frequently-evoked but yet unsolved issue with Magento !
I’ve been struggling with an upgrade to 1.6.2 for days now and whatever I try, I get the famous “1025 Error on rename of...” when upgrading my 1.4.2 DB !
The concerned table is catalog_product_entity, as the installer is trying to drop the sku index - but I’ve seen other topics throughout the forum where other tables seemed to be involved.
Very little messages are actually answered and it’s like there was no indisputable solution for this huge issue !

Any help would be desperately appreciated !
Many thanks

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Peppermay

Lille, France

Well, let’s answer to myself like a perfect schizo…
The MySQL 1025 error appears to occur when trying to delete an index already used as a foreign key in another table. I’ve searched around in my DB and found that a third-party table (created by Advanced Reports) was actually using the sku index of the catalog_product_entity table as a foreign key.
Bingo I said. Deleting the foreign key will for sure be the answer.
Well… Not exactly in fact… The 1025 Error occurs again, after another DROP index this time. Again, I delete it and restart over.
For now, good news: I don’t meet any 1025 Error again !
Bad news: well… I don’t meet anything at all: my Firefox is loading for several minutes and then stops on a blank page with no error message.
I hoped my database was upgrading meanwhile, but phpmyadmin shows no change in the DB structure…

I was wondering: Is it possible to upgrade my database on a local WAMP and restore it online when done ?

Magento Community
Magento Community

B00MER

Total Posts:  130
DFW, TX

Thanks for posting up the info, Ahead Works advanced reporting module was installed for me as well.

My related post for those looking how to fix: http://www.magentocommerce.com/boards/viewthread/246113/P30/#t389288

Magento Community
Magento Community

lmn40227

Total Posts:  3

thx for guys, it\’s much easy to check someone how to solve problem..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Peppermay

Lille, France

Well, I finally succeeded in upgrading online on my staging platform.
The key points were to delete these interfering third-party tables and, most important, check for any doublon orders and remove them.
After that, a nohup through SSH has just done the trick.

Magento Community
Magento Community

boxer1732

Total Posts:  14

Thanks all for the AW Advanced Reports trick.  That solved it for me!  I ran this sql command

DROP TABLE `aw_arep_aggregated_7a68da22eeb216c3c83a91445290a4d4` ,
`aw_arep_aggregation` ,
`aw_arep_options` ,
`aw_arep_sku_relevance` ;

Then started upgrade back up and we’re in business.  Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community

SeyelentEco

Total Posts:  3

You don’t need to drop all of those tables.  There’s a foreign key on SKU in the aw_arep_sku_relevance table.  Just drop the foreign key and everything will work fine without having to reinstall the module.

ALTER TABLE `aw_arep_sku_relevance` drop foreign key `FK_AREP_VARCHAR_PRODUCT_SKU`;

boxer1732 - 01 August 2012 06:44 PM

Thanks all for the AW Advanced Reports trick.  That solved it for me!  I ran this sql command

DROP TABLE `aw_arep_aggregated_7a68da22eeb216c3c83a91445290a4d4` ,
`aw_arep_aggregation` ,
`aw_arep_options` ,
`aw_arep_sku_relevance` ;

Then started upgrade back up and we’re in business.  Thanks again!

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community