Magento Forum

Replacement cart for Magento

mousepad

Total Posts:  83

Does anyone have a suggestions for another open source shopping cart as a replacement for Margento.

Magento has all the features I want and would be an amazing piece of software if it worked, but it doesn’t. I moved to Magento about 2 years ago for multiple stores but found that it is such an incredibly slow hog, that it’s not usable. I have tried every trick in the book to speed it up with no luck.

There are just way too many bugs to count, such as every 3rd order pops back with cart is empty error. Paypal integration is overly complicated and just doesn’t work 1/2 the time or results in a ‘suspected fraud’ status, customers place duplicate orders because they think it times out after waiting 3 to 4 minutes to process a credit card.

I’ve been hoping with every upgrade (which, by the way, usually kills your whole store when you try to upgrade), that they will fix some of this but they don’t and it just seams to get worse. So I’m looking for an alternative that actually works consistently without breaking the bank.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

mousepad

Total Posts:  83

Hello and thanks for the reply.

I actually wrote that about 2 years ago and am now in love with Magento. This after I discovered the source of all my problems was me trying to run Magento on Rackspace Cloud sites. I moved to HostGator and everything worked.

I am on about my 15th Magento store now and I honestly very few bad things to say about it. Almost everything that a client can throw at it, it can do.

The only thing I would suggest that should be standard would be a real drop ship solution.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community