Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

EZAPPS Zoom: Full-Page Cache

Isaac Chambers

Total Posts:  38

I’m experiencing the same issue… hole-punching is working fine on home and category pages… not working on product pages. Any fix?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

The solution is to not even waste your time with the extension. The developer won’t help you at all. Take it from one that suffered through his promises to help and then did nothing for me. A complete waste of a week.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Thanks for the tip… have you tried a different FPC solution?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

I tried the other free extensions. I didn’t find any that helped. They either slowed my load times or did nothing to help. I am probably going to save up and purchase a paid extension. For right now I will research for other ways to speed up Magento minus the FPC

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Did you try PageCache powered by Varnish? No good?

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

I did try that. I believe that it isn’t as simple as installing the extension. You also need to install varnish on your server. I didn’t want to mess up my server so after realizing that, I uninstalled it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

PCGamesPlus,

From what I understand installing Varnish is a fairly simple process. I couldn’t find any information on hole-punching for that module though, so that’s what has kept me from trying it yet.

Also, I completely understand your frustration, however, I wouldn’t go so far as to say the entire module is garbage. It works quite well except the fairly significant bug of hole-punching not working on the product pages. While I too am frustrated at the developer’s lack of attentiveness, ultimately this is an open-source module and anybody could take it upon themselves to fix it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Sacramento, CA

Did you try adding that code snippet to your .htaccess file.

I had really high hopes for this extension and for me it sped things up alot. What killed it for me was the user links (login,logout/account) at the top lost their styling. For some reason the added ezoom classes broke the css. I sure it would have been an easy fix for the dev, but he wouldn’t take the time to help.

So it’s Garbage, at least for me.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

Varnish is much better and soon it will support ESI,
so you can easily use your hole-punching.
by the way what kind a mess you talking about??
varnish is absolutely separate server, if you install it and swap port numbers it will work without any problems.
only thing you have to configure for sure X-Forwarded-For in apache, so it will communicate with real ip addresses instead of 127.0.0.1 or your server address. so it wont mess with your stats or payment gateway etc..

i think Varnish is a good long term solution, with ESI support in future…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

PCGamer,

I did try adding the code snippet… no dice.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Update: looks like the product page hole-filling is failing due to a 400 error on the request for the hole-filling information. Anybody know why this might be?

Also, when I add “RewriteCond %{REQUEST_URI} ^/(.*)ezzoom/hole/fill(.*)” directly before “RewriteRule .* index.php [L]”, I get the following error:

[an error occurred while processing this directive]

When I add that same line elsewhere in the .htaccess file, I don’t get the error, but it doesn’t seem to make any difference (hole-punching is still not working)

Magento Community
Magento Community

Isaac Chambers

Update 2…

When running the URL the the hole-filling AJAX function calls, I get the correct output for the homepage, but I get this error for the product page:

Fatal error: Call to a member function getBackend() on a non-object in [path-to-magento-root]/app/code/core/Mage/Eav/Model/Entity/Abstract.php on line 816

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanr91

Total Posts:  11

@ all who have problems with hole fixing on the product pages:

ivvy_ru came up with the following solution in the reviews of this extension, it worked for me so give it a try yourself:

app/code/local/Ezapps/Zoom/controllers/HoleController.php

comment out lines 107 through 142: 

107 /*if (array_key_exists(’pid’, $data)) {
110 $product_index = Mage::getModel(’reports/product_index_viewed’)->getCollection();
111 ->addFieldToFilter(’store_id’, array(’eq’ => Mage::app()->getStore()->getId()) );
112 ->addFieldToFilter(’product_id’, array(’eq’ => $data[’pid’]));

134 ->setCustomerId(null)
135 ->setProductId($data[’pid’])
136 ->setStoreId(Mage::app()->getStore()->getId())
137 ->save()
138 ->calculate();
139 }
141 }*/

Thanks to ivvy_ru for posting this solution!

Magento Community
Magento Community

Extendware

Total Posts:  231

I invite people to try our Full page cache solution for magento and compare it. We offer a 30 day money back guarantee.

Magento Community
Magento Community

justice85

Total Posts:  4

Isaac Chambers - 25 May 2012 10:08 AM

I’m experiencing the same issue… hole-punching is working fine on home and category pages… not working on product pages. Any fix?

So do I ,but how to fix it,just waiting~

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community