Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Page 1 of 5
EZAPPS Zoom: Full-Page Cache

EZAPPS

Total Posts:  57
Vancouver Island

We have finally released our Full-Page Cache product that we aptly call Zoom!

Basically, it does everything you reasonably need, and it does it fast. Multiple stores, multiple-languages, multiple-currencies, GZIP compression, block-level hole-punching (stop wasting your time editing your layout files), invalidation, etc, etc.

At the end of the day, your customers (and search engines) can be grabbing Magento pages in fractions of a second. In fact, it was designed around the idea of letting NGINX serve your pages directly (we will have that information coming tonight or tomorrow on our blog about this). When NGINX becomes your bottleneck, you’ll know what we mean by “fast”.

We are trying to take the approach of fostering the Magento community and getting as many copies out there as possible, so we are basically giving it away to start (well in comparison to other FPCs). We simply hope that word about us spreads like wildfire and we can continue to produce game-changing extensions like this for the community (and there will be free ones coming as well).

So if you can check it out, review it, tell your friends, we would vastly appreciate it!

Let me know if you have any questions at all

PS, yes, Apache users can use it as well in standard mode, which is very “fast” in its own right.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

EZAPPS

Vancouver Island

I neglected to mention that we are giving a free copy to the first 5 people to contact us, as long as you agree to test it out and post a review! Send me an email or use the contact form on our site.

In addition, for the entire life-cycle of the product, we will make one copy freely available to any registered non-profit agency who uses Magento.

Magento Community
Magento Community

EZAPPS

Vancouver Island

I just wanted to let everyone know that we have received such an overwhelmingly positive response to Zoom that we have decided to open-source it for the community. I will have a copy on Magento Connect soon. In the meantime, you can always get the latest code here:

https://github.com/ezapps/Zoom-Magento-FPC

Enjoy. Let me know if you have any questions smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

bobmats

Total Posts:  30

Have tested the extension and really makes pages fly.

This now open source does the same as some $500 extension on magento commerce.

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanr91

Total Posts:  11

Hi, I’m about to test this with my own store. One question though: Should I turn off magento’s default compilation(Admin panel ->System ->Tools ->Compilation) if I use this plugin, or can they work next to each other?

Magento Community
Magento Community

EZAPPS

Vancouver Island

You can go ahead and use the compiler with this (just remember to turn it off before installing the extension, and recompile when finished). Let me know if you have any more questions or need a hand getting things up and going.

The mechanism of Zoom is amazingly simple so its pretty non-invasive (as long as your store isn’t loaded with conflicting extensions). With a little work (which is worth it!), you can get it running on almost any store.

If it works out for you, spread the word!

Magento Community
Magento Community

hsienew

Total Posts:  1

just want to know if there is improvement if we already implemented the varnish caching system?

just make a comparision with the developer’s site and my own site at http://www.cnshope.com with the serice from http://www.magespeedtest.com/, I just found that my site is at the same speed level, (ps, both happened to employed with linode, BUT my website is in another city far away from the testing point).

thanks in advance!

Magento Community
Magento Community

EZAPPS

Vancouver Island

Its great to see a variety of different community solutions aimed at fixing Magento. smile

In terms of speed, you will not see a significant difference between the two, especially if you integrate Zoom directly into NGINX. If you don\\\’t integrate (or run Apache), Varnish probably has the edge of speed but the difference is miniscule.

My module attempts to handle hole-punching of personalized content for you using AJAX to fill the block (top links, shopping cart blocks, wishlist block, currency, etc). Im not sure the Varnish module does this.

I might have a few more configurable options in my interface (regex matching for including/excluding both URLs and modules_controller_actions). I also see a major feature as being able to highly compress the cache 1 time before sending (you can keep a GZIP copy at maximum compression to serve to all subsequent visitors).

Go with whatever you are comfortable with! The more options the better

Magento Community
Magento Community

starnetwork

Total Posts:  144
Israel

One of the best free and Open source modules for Magento
sharp and clear!

Thanks for your Community sharing

Best Regards,
Star Network
MCI

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  791
Dublin

looking for solution or help
trying to install on 3 different shops, installation ok, but i dont see menu links,
no zoom menu..
direct link call = 404

everything switched off, compilation, cache, then deleted all… nope

and logs show no specific error.

UPDATE.
checking files one by one, found that folder Ezapps missing in app\code\local\
so manually copied folder, re-installed from connect manager, and now it works ok.
not sure about functionality but no errors so far…

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

AlexAkhremenko

Total Posts:  6

EZAPPS - 03 April 2012 10:10 AM

You can go ahead and use the compiler with this (just remember to turn it off before installing the extension, and recompile when finished). Let me know if you have any more questions or need a hand getting things up and going.

Hi! Should I turn off the standart magento cache? Or it does not depend?
Magento CE 1.7 works PERFECTLY!

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Dublin

i am trying to debug why it shows misses 100%, but works,
got 5K pages written to zoom folder smile and load average lower than 0.3 but,
cache hits 0, what kind a bug is that?? smile

Magento Community
Magento Community

PCGamesPlus

Total Posts:  166
Sacramento, CA

I’m running 1.6.2.0 and I installed this extension. It works real well to speed up my store. I am having a problem with the “links” block though. It’s not working right. I am using a custom theme. I tried using the guide to resolve the issue and I was not successful. I would sure appreciate some help with this,

Magento Community
Magento Community

kiang

Total Posts:  21
Taiwan

It looked like this extension couldn’t work under 1.7.0.0.

Magento Community
Magento Community

MagenX
Enthusiast

Dublin

installed nginx, removed apache
and it works great. cache hit goes up.

and im happy with that.

---- update ----
despite the fact that there is no support from the developers ... regardless of how busy he is.
there are two ways - to write a good guide, and create more options for configuration, or simply create a support service ....

months no replies,

cheers

Magento Community
Magento Community

stefanr91

Total Posts:  11

This extension is great, despite the fact that the top links are not hole-punched at my installation. Any suggestions how to fix this?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 5