Magento Forum

Page 1 of 2
Permissions Problem - Cannot add role

Marc O'Neill

Total Posts:  12
UK

Hi

I upgraded to latest version this morning, everything seems fine apart from losing the ability to add a new role in permissions.

I click add new role and no form is returned?

I’ve also done a fresh install of Magento rather than an upgrade, the problem remains!

Can anyone help?

Thanks

Marco

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Fibo

Total Posts:  107
Marseille, France

there are probably more things that are not working (check catalog from admin/system/ configuration)

You probably need to force a manual upgrade, overwriting existing files and adding some missing files

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marc O'Neill

UK

Ok, i assumed there may be a few other things that aren’t working, i havn’t really been through everything yet, i’ve checked catalog in config though, everything seems fine?

Thanks

Marc

Magento Community
Magento Community

Marc O'Neill

UK

I’m assuming there’s some missing html somewhere but i am unsure where to locate the files.

Marc

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

Total Posts:  101

I’m experiencing the same problem. I can add a user, but when I try to add a role, I get the following error:

Fatal error: Call to a member function toHtml() on a non-object in /home/fastboxg/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Permissions/Editroles.php on line 52

I need to be able to add a role for adding a manager to the site who should only be able to edit certain things, not be a full administrator.

Please let me know if you find a solution to this problem.

Thanks,
Joel

Magento Community
Magento Community

dolliey

Total Posts:  2

I get the same error
Fatal error: Call to a member function toHtml() on a non-object in /var/********/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Permissions/Editroles.php on line 52

My system is an upgrade from 1.1.6 to 1.2.0.1 using a clean database. When I log into the backend, select System > Permissions > Roles and then either try to add a new role or try to edit an existing role.

The upgrade was via Magento connect manager.The upgrade appeared to go smoothly. 

I’ve checked and file permissions seems fine. Any ideas where else we could look?

Magento Community
Magento Community

guuddee

same problem,
Fatal error: Call to a member function toHtml() on a non-object in /mnt/w0602/d19/s43/b02fb98f/www/gadgetsnet.com/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Block/Permissions/Editroles.php on line 52

Magento Community
Magento Community

sosuke

Total Posts:  24

Has anyone found a solution to this yet? I’m sure, like most upgrade issues it has to do with a file that didn’t upgrade properly, however, I do not have the expertise to know where that would be.

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

I did not upgrade, I did a fresh install and am still experiencing the problem.
Joel

Magento Community
Magento Community

Lesliez

same here… fresh new install… same problem. prove not the upgrade that cause this.

Magento Community
Magento Community

cammila

Total Posts:  4

I experience the same problem. New installation of 1.2.0.1. Have anyone found any solution? Thanx

Magento Community
Magento Community

akirsch

Total Posts:  1

I checked into the issue - it looks like the xml is not being escaped properly when it reads in the modules.. 

I submitted a bug here for the issue

http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4714

Magento Community
Magento Community

fastboxgaming

There must be someone here who is a good enough magento programmer to figure out this problem so that we will not have to wait for the next versien of magento until we see this bug fixed. This bug basically limits backend users to all being administrators…

Magento Community
Magento Community

Paintbox

Same problem here, clean install 1.2.0.1 (via downloader) gives this exact error. Hoping for a speedy fix from someone older and wiser in Magento…

Magento Community
Magento Community

future500

Total Posts:  41
Netherlands

Same Here, I am uploading a clean download of 1.2.0.1 to see if this is a quick fix. Otherwise I will dive into the code to see if I can figure it out.

Is anyone also experiencing a problem with customers editing their own data? In my case when a customer edits his/her information (last name for example) the screen refreshes and scrolls to the bottom (!) but no data is saved.

Magento Community
Magento Community

future500

Total Posts:  41
Netherlands

@akirsch: Your mentioned bug report above has been closed by Magento due to Unable to Reproduce, but this bug report should be followed:

Issue #9982 (http://www.magentocommerce.com/bug-tracking/issue?issue=4744)

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Page 1 of 2