Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

paypal’s own Recurring Payments VS magento Recurring Payments

mikeonmage

Total Posts:  101

https://www.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=xpt/Marketing/general/ProRecurringPayments-outside

quote:

Limitations

The current release of the Recurring Payments API has the following limitations:

A profile can have at most one optional trial period and a single regular payment period.

The profile start date may not be earlier than the profile creation date.

Recurring Payments with Express Checkout also has the following limitations:

To be able to create a recurring payments profile for the buyer, you must ensure that the buyer’s PayPal account includes an active credit card.

You can create a maximum of 10 recurring payments profiles during checkout.

You can increase the profile amount by only 20% in each 180-day interval after you create the profile.

----

OK so this seems unclear....do I need this if I am using magneto? anyone else using ether this or the built-in magento recurring and have any sort of feedback??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

koldhands

Total Posts:  2

Hi mike,

Did you find an answer to your question on the recurring profiles? we need this feature and just can’t find enough info on it!

Thanks!

Magento Community
Magento Community

colinhutcherson

Total Posts:  2

koldhands - 12 April 2012 10:26 AM

Hi mike,

Did you find an answer to your question on the recurring profiles? we need this feature and just can’t find enough info on it!

Thanks!

Was looking for solutions for almost 2 days and finally got a thread here but I am not sure when it will be answered by anyone. Hope someone will look into this soon and we will have the solution.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mikeonmage

Total Posts:  101

issues with paypal

i am a pro member and have been for years, the company has serious internal training issues

the call center sales staff have no idea which product do what and are 100% ineffective

the alleged “integration team” staff have no idea which product do what and are 100% ineffective

issues with mage

always 2 steps behind paypal even when owned by same company

recent pp news release:

“PayPal will remove the word “website” from all its products, including its services Website Payments Standards and Website Payment Pro. Payments will be accepted from PayPal accounts as well as by credit card or check using the new PayPal Here app. The app lets businesses accept on-the-spot payments and allows checks by taking a photograph.”

oh really? mage 1.7 has all the old names

mage 1.7 has no mention of https://merchant.paypal.com/cgi-bin/marketingweb?cmd=_render-content&content;_ID=merchant/digital_goods

mage 1.7 no mention of paypal’s own Recurring Payments

mage 1.7 no mention of proven effective magento Recurring Payments

both companies:

the supposed solution is to “hire a dev” to write custom code. custom code for which product the supposedly does what??? I interact with many of the top level mage devs in the world and they cant decipher it either.

you get it Roy Ruben? lol

what make it worse is now they are starting to say....go sign up at x.com for - yet more misinformation loops leading to more inconclusive nothingness…

yes folks, its a sad joke

pp still better than most other gateways but pp/mage are killing themselves and loosing tons of revenue from people like me who cant easily use certain services and therefore focus on my own sales efforts rather than wasting time with horribly integrated services and no effective single point of reference to solve obvious and common problems.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community