Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento Connect not working on magento 1.6.2 after store migration

IanRyan

Total Posts:  149

I have migrated a magento 1.6.2 store from dev to live domain. The only remaining issue I have is that Magento Connect is not working.

There are references in the forums that to fix Magento Connect on the migrated site you should delete magento/downloader/pearllib/pear.ini and that magento will regenerate this file with the correct database references.

There is no magento/downloader/pearllib directory on magento 1.6.2.

Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

I have tried everything to get Magento Connect to work properly on my live domain.

In summary, when I first migrated the site from the development domain to the live domain I did so by copying the entire contents of the development domain magento folder to the root of my live domain. I configured base urls as appropriate in core_config_data, edited app/etc/local.xml to point to the live database and everything worked perfectly with the exception of Magento Connect.

Initially, when I attempted to access Magento Connect from the System menu I was getting a 404 Not Found. I understand that when you first install magento 1.6.2 and access Magento Connect for the first time, Magento Connect generates two files, downloader/connect.cfg and downloader/cache.cfg. Under my live domain the downloader/connect.cfg and downloader/cache.cfg were those generated on the development domain.

connect.cfg is a text file which contains the path for the serving development domain. I replaced this serving domain with the live domain. When I then accessed Magento Connect again the requested url was

http://<mylivedomain>/magento/downloader/?return=http&#x3A;&#x2F;&#x2F;<mylivedomain>&#x2F;magento&#x2F;index.php&#x2F;admin&#x2F;
and I got a 404 Not Found response.

When I strip the url parameters so that the requested url reads

http://<mylivedomain>/magento/downloader/
the Magento Connect Manager login page loads and I can login. Now, however:-

1. If I select the Settings tab on the Magento Connect Manager page the requested url is

http://<mylivedomain>/magento/downloader/index.php?A=settings
and I get a 404 Not Found
2. If I select to uninstall/reinstall any extensions on the Magento Connect Manager page the requested url is
http://<mylivedomain>/magento/downloader/index.php?A=connectPackagesPost&maintenance;=1
and I get a 404 Not Found

I installed a number of extensions in development and I need to be careful not to lose them. I am desperate for a solution to this issue as right now I cannot install/uninstall/reinstall extensions and cannot configures Magento Connect settings.

Worst case scenario, is it possible to re-install just the Magento Connect Manager under the live magento instance, if so how is this done and if I reinstall Magento Connect Manager where will I stand in terms of the extensions I installed/tested in development?

Magento Community
Magento Community

IanRyan

I have resolved this issue. My site is hosted on a Zeus server (not the best of environments I know) and it was the Zeus rewrite.script file causing the issue. Panic over and Magento Connect Manager now working perfectly!

Magento Community
Magento Community

boocoo

Total Posts:  1
Brisbane

For those who are running Zeus servers this rewrite script worked for me:

match URL into with /js/
if 
matched then goto END
match URL into 
with /downloader/
if 
matched then goto END
match URL into 
with ^(.*)
if 
matched then
map path into SCRATCH
:path from %{URL}
look 
for file at %{SCRATCH:path}
if not exists then look for dir at %{SCRATCH:path}
if not exists then set URL = /index.php/$1
endif

if you have Magento installed in a subfolder then you will need to use this script (Where magento is the subfolder)

match URL into with /js/  
if 
matched then goto END  
match URL into 
with /downloader/
if 
matched then goto END
match URL into 
with ^/magento/(.*)  
if 
matched then  
    map path into SCRATCH
:path from %{URL}  
    look 
for file at %{SCRATCH:path}  

if not exists then look for dir at %{SCRATCH:path}  

if not exists then set URL = /magento/index.php/$1  
endif

Magento Community
Magento Community

tayomayo

Total Posts:  6

Hello,
I have the same problem after the store migration.

I moved the store on a new server (the domain doesn\\\’t changed), all works fine, including Magento Connect Manager, but if I click \\\"Check for Upgrades\\\” it doesn\\\’t find any update (I know that updates are available).
If I click \\\"reinstall\\\" of a module, Magento reinstall the same older version, not the newer one.

I do not have the \\\"pearlib\\\" directory under \\\"downloader\\\" directory so I can\\\’t manage the pear.ini file.
I looked at connect.cfg file and the roots seem to be ok:
\\\"magento_root\\\”;s:30:\\\"/web/public_html/downloader/..\\\”;s:16:\\\"root_channel_uri\\\”;s:39:\\\"connect20.magentocommerce.com/community\\\"

I have tried to delete connect.cfg and cache.cfg files, Magento has recreated those files with the same roots.

If I put this string in the extension key:
magento-core/Mage_All_Latest

It returns this error:
Couldn\\\’t resolve host \\\’magento-core\\\’

This happen both with the live store and with a backup copy in localhost.

In my opinion this may be a root problem.
How can I resolve this issue?

Thank you

[Server is based on FreeBSD - Magento 1.6]

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community