Magento Forum

[SOLVED] Products can not be edited

Pipuks

Total Posts:  12

I had Magento 1.1.8 as installation source, but right after I installed it on server, I saw a message that 1.2.0 came out.

Anyway - I didn’t wanted to do any more upgrades since I was about to launch site live.

What I did, is - I installed French language locale and blank interface and guess what - it came with all these additional packages like Core modules 1.2.1 and so on.

Since I added products before I “upgraded” I didn’t notice any changes as long as I didn’t need to add new product.

What happens now is I can not upload any pictures, I can not save products, I can not add products to categories.

Any help would be appreciated.

PS My /js/ folder seems to be ok, permissions were set correctly.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Pipuks

I just managed to fix it.

I upgraded from 1.1.8 to 1.2.0.1 and categories didn’t work. I checked JS error console and saw some messages there. After checking number of items in /app/design/adminhtml I found out that it is still 482 items, totalling 1.8 MB as in default 1.1.8 installation. Then I checked the same directory in my new 1.2.0.1 system that had 523 items, totalling 2.1 MB.

I figured out that those missing files are the ones causing the problems. I archieved current adminhtml directory for backup purposes, deleted it and copied new files from magento-1.2.0.1.tar.gz (clean installation archive).

If you haven’t made any modifications in adminhtml directory, this should be pretty safe action even on live site.

Everything works now. smile Yipiii!

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco
Enthusiast

Total Posts:  796

Congrats! Glad everything is working for you!

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

thanks, this worked for me also. I had same problem.  Now i don’t have the image upload button.  Think i need to upload more files..

Magento Community
Magento Community

Pipuks

mediagang - 12 January 2009 02:50 AM

thanks, this worked for me also. I had same problem.  Now i don’t have the image upload button.  Think i need to upload more files..

I recently discovered the same problem. If you manage to fix it, please, let me know how you did it.

Magento Community
Magento Community

mediagang

Total Posts:  111
Leeds UK

i did manage to fix by running using the connect manager to install “magento-core/Mage_All_Latest: .  However, all edits i now make don’t show up on the front end.  I have had this with a previous version but not sure what i did to correct it.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community