Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Post upgrade, can’t edit Import/Export Profile Action XML

herofish

Total Posts:  13

After my upgrade from 1.5 -> 1.6.2 I can no longer edit the xml in

System -> Import/Export -> Dataflow - Profiles -> Profile -> Profile Actions XML

For some reason the xml has now changed from the custom one that existed before the upgrade.  And I can no longer edit it…

Any ideas?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

Have you checked your permissions?

Magento Community
Magento Community

herofish

I have 644 on files and 755 on dirs, Is that correct?

I am not real sure where the xml is stored (ie, is it in the database or a file)?

Magento Community
Magento Community

Brent W Peterson

Total Posts:  3217
Minneapolis MN

You can check that particular file and see if the permissions have changed, your old file may still be there. Have you looked on the server in the folder?

Magento Community
Magento Community

herofish

Ok, I am stumped, I have tried to find the “file” and I just can’t. 

Here is what I get when I try to look at the properties for the text field in firebug:

<div class="entry-edit">
<form id="edit_form" enctype="multipart/form-data" method="post" action="http://www.bisontactical.com/index.php/admin/system_convert_gui/save/key/994e98d51e82c39c8bfa7c6cf260f292/">
<div>
<span class="field-row">
<div id="convert_profile_tabs_wizard_content" style="display: none;">
<div id="convert_profile_tabs_upload_content" style="display:none;">
<div id="convert_profile_tabs_run_content" style="display:none;">
<div id="convert_profile_tabs_view_content" style="">
<div class="entry-edit">
<div class="entry-edit-head">
<div id="_viewbase_fieldset" class="fieldset fieldset-wide">
<div class="hor-scroll">
<table class="form-list" cellspacing="0">
<tbody>
<tr>
<td class="label">
<td class="value">
<textarea id="_viewactions_xml" class=” textarea” cols="15" rows="2" style="height:30em" title="Actions XML” name="actions_xml_view"><action type="dataflow/convert_parser_xml_excel" method="parse"> <var name="single_sheet"><![CDATA[]]></var> <var name="fieldnames"></var> <var name="store"><![CDATA[0]]></var> <var name="number_of_records">1</var> <var name="decimal_separator"><![CDATA[.]]></var> <var name="adapter">catalog/convert_adapter_product</var> <var name="method">parse</var> </action></textarea>
</td>

Now, I modified the file above to not be readonly (in the php) however it only lets me edit the field but doesn’t save the data anywhere.  Is it possible that this is a database field being displayed, and that somehow I don’t have the ability to write to that database field/table anymore?

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community