Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Creating and Managing Categories

Ivan D

Total Posts:  7

Ok… I feel pretty stupid but this is kicking my butt… I not even know if im doing this right… All I want to do is top page navigation with sub categories. it can be located on the top or left navigation don’t care… I try to use the tutorial and it states “The first thing to do is select the store where you would like to add the category from the Choose Store View drop down menu. The default is for all stores managed by the admin panel, but you can elect to create the category in only one of the stores by selecting that store. “ I dont have a Store View drop down menu on the manage categories section????? all I have is on the left side add root category add sub directory… do I need to create a block??

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

Syphen

Did you get this working? I have the same issue.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Syphen

Sorry, I didnt have the same issue, I just changed my cache options

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community