Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento - Incorrect Inventory Count

jbibbs

Total Posts:  5

Has anyone else experienced issues with their inventory numbers being off using Magento?

I am on version 1.6.2, and lately we have noticed our inventory counts are off. I’ve been verifying by hand over the last couple of days, and our inventory in Magento is a few units above what we actually sold during that period.

For example over the last two days, Magento is reporting that we sold 462 units. I got this number by first running a Magento Products Ordered report. I then verified this by totaling every order for this product over the last 2 days by hand, and the numbers matched. We actually sold and shipped 462 items.

However, our inventory in Magento does not reflect this. I ran a database query on our current inventory, and compared it to a starting inventory number 2 days ago. The starting inventory came from a DB backup that ran at 1am, and there were no products ordered until the next morning.

When comparing our starting inventory, to the current inventory the difference was 461. That means there was one extra unit in our inventory that shouldn’t have been there since we actually sold 462. Keep in mind these are not real life inventory numbers I’m counting in our back room, these are conflicting numbers I’m getting through the system itself.

As I’ve continued to look at this, there are discrepancies across a number of products.These have been limited to a 1 or 2 unit difference, but over the course of only a few days. I have no idea how for long this has been going on.

Has anyone else seen anything like this in their own systems?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

hulabula

Total Posts:  16

Did you find a solution? I’m using 1.7.0.2 and have encountered the same issue.  My inventory for product X was entered as 25, orders for the product equal 25, yet the the Products Ordered Report says that only 24 were sold.

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community