Posting in the Magento forums has been disabled pending the implementation of a new and improved forum solution which should better serve the community.

For new questions please post at magento.stackexchange.com, the community-run support site for the Magento community. We will be providing updates on the new forum solution soon. For questions or concerns please email community@magento.com.

Magento Forum

Magento consuming too many CPU resources

Wasim Khamlichi

Total Posts:  13

I have been getting so many Internal Server Errors so i emailed my hosting provider and they said that

the site “www.trubeats.com” was consuming the CPU resource beyond the allowable limit for your plan.

So in the T&C;’s of my server is says.

Budget resellers may not use more than 1% CPU daily, 3% memory daily, run more than 5 simultaneous processes, allow any process to run for longer than 15 seconds CPU time, run any process that consumes more than 10% of available CPU at any time, or run any process that consumes more than 16 MB of memory. Databases are limited to 8 max user connections with a max query time of 5 seconds. Cron jobs must not execute more than once every hour and will be niced to 15 or greater.

The server I am using has the following specs;

Processor #1 Vendor: GenuineIntel
Processor #1 Name: Intel(R) Xeon(R) CPU E5310 @ 1.60GHz
Processor #1 speed: 1600.227 MHz
Processor #1 cache size: 4096 KB
Memory: 4145688k/4980736k available

Is it normal for magento to be using ALL these resources when i’m the only one using it, nobody else has access to it?

Magento Community Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community

JLHC
Mentor

Total Posts:  1287
Tampa, FL

How many visitors do you have in a time and/or a day? Have you done any tweaks to your store?

Magento Community
Magento Community

skippybosco

Total Posts:  796

Also should post how many products / attributes you have.

Magento Community
Magento Community

Wasim Khamlichi

Total Posts:  13

hey i don’t have any visitors, that is the problem. it’s just me, on my own, that’s causing this. i have about 8 products, and the default number of attributes, i havent added/deleted any. i have not made any tweaks to the store, except changing the skin and some of the templates to delete default callout images.

Magento Community
Magento Community

turbo1

Total Posts:  296
Los Angeles, CA

@Wasim

I feel your pain. I have a dedicated server with crazy high specs, and Magento still will use 20% of the CPU resources, when doing a backup or running one of the feed generators. I like Magento but the DB structure is a major resource hog IMHO.

Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community
Magento Community